Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an experienced individual to work as a Cell Biologist
at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
-Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:Provides technical experience needed to assist in studying the basic principles of plant and animal life
Assists with performing basic laboratory experiments and procedures
- Work with the Antiviral Program for Pandemics to identify and develop antivirals
- Develop research plans for new projects, including strategies for primary and secondary screens and advanced characterization, including BSL2 and BSL3 viruses such as SARS-CoV-2
- Develop and or optimize biochemical and cell-based assays, including the use of pathogenic viruses, for automated robotic screening in 384-well and 1536-well formats
- Tissue culture, passaging, and plating, and cell line engineering to create cell-based re-porter assays
- Perform virus titer and lot quality control studies
- Work with staff on the interpretation of assay outcomes obtained from compound screening efforts
Prepares, organizes, and maintains various lab samples, supplies, and equipment
- Work with staff on bioinformatic analysis of results obtained from enzyme assays
- Co-author Research Collaborative Agreement write-ups and proposals for new collaborations between NCATS and academic institutions or private industry
- Mentor and train trainees and staff on techniques
- Develop and optimize biochemical and cell-based assays for profiling therapeutic interventions against divergent molecular targets and animal human pathogens
- Analyze the experimental results and organize findings into tables and figures
Learns new laboratory techniques and procedures
- Evaluate new technologies and instruments resulting in proposals for new screening strategies and novel assay formats
- Search existing literature; propose, design and test alternative assays for difficult screening targets
- Confirm assay results and determine EC50specificity for primary active samples; develop secondary assays for follow up; communicate results to facilitate small molecule probe development
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Operate liquid dispensing systems Aurora FRD, Labcyte acoustic dispensers, Ther-moFisher Multidrop and multimodal detectorsplate readers Tecan Safire, PE ViewLux, PE EnVision, BMG PheraStar
- Analyze and organize experimental results using data analysis visualization software
- Maintain and update laboratory notebooks and equipment
- Maintain laboratory equipment
- Write technical reports and prepare manuscripts; write experiment reports and prepare manuscripts for publication in collaboration with other investigators
- Prepare oral presentations and posters for internal and external groups conferences
- Propose, design and test assays to allow for a secondary profiling and utilization of probe candidates at DPI
- Identify potential collaborators, academic, governmental, and industry; propose and investigate new target projects for initiation based on novelty and relevance to human health
- Provide timely updates to assay providers; send summaries by email; conduct periodical teleconferences to discuss issues and coordinate actions
represents priority rankings, where 1 is highest priority and 5 is lowest priority of those ranked REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have: Certifications & Licenses
Skills (Ranked By Priority) Skill at maintaining accurate and detailed records of laboratory experiments.Strong communication skills, both oral and written.Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.Ability to multi-task, set priorities and pay close attention to detail. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Ph.D. in Virology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or a related discipline. Three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Master's degree is equivalent to a Ph.D. Five (5) years of specialized experience plus a BA/BS degree is equivalent to a Ph.D.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience in Biosafety Level 2 (BSL2) research environment.
- Experience in Biosafety Level 2 (BSL2) research environment.
represents priority rankings, where 1 is highest priority and 5 is lowest priority of those ranked Software
Field of Study
- Operate liquid dispensing systems (Aurora FRD, Labcyte acoustic dispensers, Ther-moFisher Multidrop) and multimodal detectors/plate readers (Tecan Safire, PE ViewLux, PE EnVision, BMG PheraStar).
Note: Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for all job opportunities offered through Kelly Government Solutions, in accordance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors.
- Molecular Biology
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.