Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins SF Analytical Laboratories is searching for a Senior level Microbiologist to support release testing of pharmaceuticals, dietary supplements, and personal care products in Horsham, PA.
The ideal candidate must have knowledge of GMPs, SOPs, and general quality control processes in a microbiological environment.Responsibilities
- Perform microbiological assays such as Microbial Limits Test (MLT), Antimicrobial Effectiveness Test (AET), Growth Promotion, and Plate Reading
- Maintain microbiological cultures for daily use
- Perform data entry into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Assist in investigations regarding out of specification (OOS) results and non-conformances related to microbiological procedures
- Revise SOPs and protocols
- Act as a technical reviewer of SOPs and other quality control related documents
- Perform routine maintenance and qualifications of laboratory equipment
- Perform other duties as required
- A Bachelor's degree in life science, or other related degree
- Minimum 3 years experience in an FDA regulated microbiology laboratory
- Authorization to work in the US without restriction or sponsorship
- Experience in the application of microbiological techniques such as bioburden testing, aseptic processes, and preparation and maintenance of microorganism cultures
- Experience with United States Pharmacopeia (USP) test methods preferred
- Knowledge of GMPs, SOPs, and general quality control processes within a microbiology laboratory
- Proficient in MSWord, Excel, Power Point and other applications
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment and adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Ability to be flexible with schedule and work overtime as needed
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift approximately 25 lbs
We are open to sign-on and/or relocation bonus up to $5,000 gross and we offer flexible work hours/schedule
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.