Vesigen Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing groundbreaking therapeutic products using a unique extracellular vesicle delivery technology directed to intracellular targets. Our ARMMs (ARRDC1 Mediated Microvesicles) technology, delivers payloads, including RNAs, proteins, and editing complexes directly into the cytoplasm of target cells. Our team of seasoned drug hunters is committed to leveraging the novel ARMMs technology to develop transformative medicines and address currently unmet medical needs.
Vesigen is seeking a creative and highly motivated Scientist to join our team and contribute to the development of the company's exciting ARMMs technology across multiple disease areas. This role will lead and maintain all computational components of the drug discovery process and establish infrastructure to support the development of Vesigen's platform. Responsibilities:
- Apply cutting-edge computational methods to research strategies in collaboration with scientific leadership and project teams
- Generate empirical models to support multiple platform and discovery programs and assist in experimental study design
- Design and conduct bioinformatics analyses of large datasets.
- Analyze proteomics and/or genomics data from proprietary or open-source databases and from clinical trials to support projects
- Utilize data visualization tools to present findings and data associations to expanded team and key stakeholders
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology, or data science related fields with 5+ years of post-doc/industry experience including in a biotechnology/pharma setting, or BS/MS with 8+ years of industry experience
- Strong understanding of molecular biology and cell biology, and strong familiarity with experimental study design
- Experience utilizing Python, R, C++ programming languages
- Strong background in omic data analysis including of RNAseq, DNAseq and proteomics datasets
- Expertise conducting novel, quantitative analyses as part of research and discovery efforts, and the ability to be creative in applying skillset to generate models that help with interpretation of complex datasets
- Demonstrated ability and a willingness to build strong working relationships that facilitate effective collaboration across cross-functional teams
- Track record of excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to provide concise summaries of complex data to inform strategy and decision making