: Kumquat Biosciences is committed to the discovery and development of innovative drugs to transform cancer treatments. Kumquat brings together an accomplished management team and distinguished scientific founder to translate innovative research to novel therapeutics. Our team has a proven track record of drug discovery and development, having played pivotal roles in the discovery of multiple clinical-stage compounds as well as approved drug for the treatment of cancer and immune-mediated inflammatory diseases.
We are seeking a highly motivated, creative PhD-level scientist to our experienced drug discovery and development team evaluating novel therapies for cancer and inflammatory diseases. The scientist will have a background in chemical biology, protein biochemistry or a related field. This candidate will report to the Director, Discovery Biology and work closely with team members to develop assays and screen compounds in first-in-class drug discovery programs. Most importantly, the position is suitable for a highly creative and goal-oriented scientist that seek scientific challenges. A diverse set of technology platforms will be applied including mass spectrometry.Experience
- PhD with 0-3+ years of relevant industry experience in addition to postdoctoral experience
- Excel in developing assays to analyze protein compound interactions
- Familiar with a range of protein assay techniques (IP-MS, activity based proteomics, western blotting, HTRF/AlphaScreen)
- Hands-on experience with mass spectrometry and proteomic data analysis
- Experience within the field of immuno-oncology would be a plus
- Excellent presentation skills (written and oral) that enrich team-based progress
- Ability to work independently and effectively within timelines and to collaborate in a multidisciplinary environment
- Development and optimization of biochemical and cellular assays using a diverse set of technology platforms including mass spectrometry
- Execute biochemical and cellular compound screens
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be an effective team player in a collaborative matrix-working environment
- Be a strong individual contributor, flexible, innovative and able to work on multiple projects and deliver results in a timely manner
Kumquat Biosciences offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives. Job candidates should be aware that full vaccination against COVID-19 : is required subject to legally required exceptions. Kumquat is an equal opportunity employer and encourages potential or current employees to request a reasonable accommodation under federal, state and local regulations, should one be needed.