Senior Associate Scientist/Scientist, BiologyJob Description
RayzeBio is a dynamic biotechnology company headquartered in San Diego, CA. The company is focused on improving cancer patient survival by efficiently developing targeted innovative drugs that harness the power of radioisotopes. RayzeBio is led by a successful and experienced entrepreneurial team and backed by top tier healthcare investors.
We are looking for a highly motivated scientist with experience in cell based and biochemical assay development and compound profiling. The candidate will primarily lead development, optimization and execution of cellular and biochemical assays to identify and characterize drug candidates, interrogate mechanism of action, and support compound progression. This is a "lead from the bench" position, and he/she will work closely with the biology and chemistry groups to advance projects from early lead molecules to clinical candidate nomination. Depending on the qualification and the experience of the candidate, he/she may also have project leadership responsibility.Required Skills
- Demonstrated expertise and hands-on experience in profiling small molecule or peptide binding using multiple cellular and biochemical assays.
- Broad knowledge of cancer biology, particularly as it relates to solid tumors and cell surface targets
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary team of scientists and interact with external academic and CRO partners
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated team player, with the ability to work independently
- Well organized and able to maintain detailed records of experimental work
- Ability to communicate clearly and decisively in an open, timely manner
- Technical skills include extensive experience in general molecular and cell biology methods, primary human and / or mouse tissue culture, cell separation / expansion and immunological techniques (especially multi-parameter flow cytometry) and cell-based assays
- BS, MS, or PhD in in vitro biology, biochemistry or related field. BS with 7+ years of relevant experience, MS with 4+ years of relevant experience, or PhD with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in an industrial setting preferred
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced environment
Competitive base salary with bonus, stock options, and full benefits
To apply please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org