Hostess Brands, LLC, is a large packaged foods company focused on manufacturing, distributing, and selling iconic, sweet baked goods in the United States such as Twinkies®, Cupcakes, Ding Dongs®, Ho Hos®, Donettes® and Fruit Pies, in addition to Voortman's Cookies and Wafers.Job Overview
The Specialist, Environmental Health & Safety is responsible for oversight and management of all safety and environmental affairs for the facility as well as safety compliance. Responsibilities
- Assess training needs for new and existing employees
- Conduct compliance audits
- Identify internal and external training programs to address training needs
- Organize, develop, or source training programs to meet specific training needs
- Develop training aids such as manuals and handbooks
- Track and report on training outcomes
- Maintain employee training records
- Conduct new employee on-boarding training and internal safety audits
- Oversee velocity training-based program (SDS sheets), manage JSAs (Job Safety Analysis) & written procedures
- Assist with safety huddle program
- Assist with alchemy training-based program
- Assist accident investigation and work comp case management
- Assist HR with recordkeeping (training, OSHA logs, etc.)
- Manage monthly training that coincides with safety huddles
- Supervise safety committee's
- Assist with company safety policies and procedural updates
- Monitor facility security and emergency action planning
- Perform monthly environmental audits Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan, Spill Prevention Control & Counter Measures (SWP2, SPCC,)
- Audit air, water & waste compliance for the facility
- Conduct annual environmental audits
- Monitor and renew all state, federal & county permits
- 1-2 years prior experience with safety and training program design required
- 2 years of related safety experience preferred
- Prior working experience with bakery goods and the baking process preferred
- Must be quality and process driven every day.
- Ability to understand and learn the unique equipment in a bakery and its operation.
- Work Planning, Organization & Execution - Highly organized; Ability to plan, direct & administer work efforts to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to communicate both professionally and effectively with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to learn how to effectively use and operate computer software programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Bachelor's degree in safety related field or equivalent experience preferred
- Warehousing environment
- Bakery environment
- Machine shop environment
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, and encourage minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.