CK Group are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic Synthetic Biology Scientist to join an early-stage biotechnology company who are pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy. As an integral member of the company's growing team, this individual will be dedicated to the design and efficient production of diverse recombinant constructs, and partially characterize them.
This Synthetic Biology Scientist role will be on a full time, permanent basis located in Cambridge, MA.
• Design, make, and partially characterize novel gene or viral genomic constructs, including combinatorial and other synthetic libraries
• Manage, organize, and expand the collection of synthetic constructs
• Help study the molecular virology of novel viral vectors for gene therapy
• Supervise research associates supporting key research objectives
• Maintain lab notebooks, and report results to the scientific team
• Ph.D. in synthetic biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or closely related field
• Postdoctoral experience, in academic, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology settings
• MoClo or similar recombinant DNA techniques is essential
• Classical molecular biology techniques including Southern blotting, western blotting, etc., is essential
• Demonstrated ability to work with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment
Entitlement to work in the USA is essential. For more information or to apply for this Synthetic Biology Scientist position, please contact Hannah Oakley or Alex Tosney on +1 617 692 2948 or email USA@ckscience.com. Please quote 52099 in all communications.
Full Synthetic Biology Scientist Job Description will be available upon request.