Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 5.4 billion Euros turnover, over 900 laboratories across 50 countries and about 55,000 staff.Job Description
If you're seeking to become engaged in purposeful work that will have a far-reaching impact, Eurofins Agroscience Services (EAS) provides the environment you're looking for. With more than 50 years' experience in the crop protection industry, EAS offers a unique portfolio of expertise, providing extensive laboratory and field support across multiple industries including agrochemical, biopesticide, pharmaceutical, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
When you join the EAS Group, you'll become part a network of laboratories that prioritizes the execution of top-tier scientific studies. With access to specialized equipment and best-in-class instrumentation, you will collaborate with a team of highly trained scientists and study directors to rapidly build upon your existing skills set.
Eurofins Agroscience Services is seeking a Staff Scientist II to join our world class, industry-leading facility located in Easton, MD. Interested candidates should be passionate about science and seeking a fast-paced, meritocratic environment. This position is within our plant and invertebrate department. The candidate will collaborate with the team in the conduct of ecotoxicology studies with aquatic microalgae, aquatic macrophytes, terrestrial plants, and terrestrial invertebrates.Staff Scientist II responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Completes highly complex work for research and development under GLP guidelines for studies, documentation, etc.
- Develops protocols, administers tests, collects data, conducting statistical analyses and summarizing and interpreting test results.
- Provides guidance to technical staff on the proper conduct of study assignments
- Ability to manage projects.
- Designs, carries out and performs simple and complex experiments and procedures in accordance with all applicable regulatory requirements as defined by protocol, method, and standard operating procedures.
- Compiles interim and final data tables and supporting documentation in report ready format. Prepares data and reports for completion of contracted work.
- Is able to utilize equipment, develop formulas, processes, and methods for solution of technical problems.
- Adheres to schedule according to Eurofins or contracting organization's timetable and establishes daily or weekly routines necessary to ensure on-time delivery.
QualificationsThe Ideal Candidate Would Possess
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- M.S. degree in an appropriate field (e.g. chemistry, biochemistry, biology, environmental science, or other directly related field or degree with comparable coursework) with 3 years of experience in animal science and/or ecotoxicology.
- A PhD in a relevant field may be substituted for degree and experience.
- Laboratory experience is required. Must be well versed in bioaccumulation and metabolism (in vitro and in vivo; familiarity with S9 Assays and hepatocyte clearance is desired.)
- Ability to instruct and provide technical direction to others is required.
- Ability to consult with clients and knowledge of date submission requirements for clients is necessary.
- Advance skill in handling radioactive or toxic chemicals may be required.
- Ability to read and understand scientific information and use this knowledge to generate coherent reports.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime required as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Easton, MD are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.Your data
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.Closing Date
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.