Source One is a consulting services company and we're currently looking for the following individual to work as a consultant to our direct client, a global medical device company in Duluth, GA.
Job Title: Microbiologist I (Contractor)
The contract duration is initially 1 year with the strong potential for extension
40 hours/week, Mon-Fri
Duties: Performs routine and non-routine microbiological procedures with supervision to generate information. Assist in the solution of technical problems with defined scope.
- Performs key routine procedures with supervision in the JCM Microbiology Laboratory according to established SOP's. Specific examples include water testing, bioburden testing, and environmental monitoring.
- Performs key no routine procedures with supervision according to established SOP's to include organism identification, SOP revision, and failure investigation.
- Prepares reports, emails and memos to a targeted audience defined by the supervisor. Correspondence is approved by the supervisor prior to sending.
- Helps administer laboratory systems (safety, calibration, documentation, inventory, etc.)
- Assumes full responsibility for maintaining training on required SOP's, technical and safety requirements.
- Receives and provides cross-training on required SOP's, technical and safety requirements.
- Required: Math through calculus. Familiarity with spreadsheets & word processing. Appropriate lab techniques in relevant scientific disciplines. Knowledge of the following regulations and standards: ISO13485, MDSAP, EU MDR/MDD, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Preferred: Basic knowledge of statistics. Working knowledge of spreadsheets & word processing. Technical writing ability.
Education: BA/BS in Microbiology, BS in Biology with Microbiology course work