Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
: The EHS Manager is responsible to develop, improve, lead, and train on safety and health programs including chemical hygiene, biosafety, waste management, air pollution control, environmental programs, behavior based safety programs, accident investigation, and emergency response. The primary functions are to promote a safe work environment through implementation of effective programs and to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.Overall Objectives And Responsibilities
- Reviews and improves site safety and health programs while ensuring compliance with internal, federal, state, and local regulations. This includes but is not limited to regulations from agencies such as OSHA, EPA, USDA/CDC, FDA, DOT or state equivalents.
- Ensures all employee safety and health trainings are up to date as required by regulatory agencies and corporate management.
- Leads safety orientation training process for new employee and external contractors.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and advisor to management for EHS matters including workplace hazard prevention and industrial hygiene.
- Maintains safety and health records and analyzes data to support improvement initiatives and decision making.
- Develops and maintains site specific safety key performance indicators (KPIs) on a monthly basis to be posted.
- Develops and leads shop floor safety meeting.
- Conducts laboratory inspections and Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) focused on mitigation of risks and prevention of workplace hazards.
- Evaluates and controls employee exposure to hazardous substances. Develops PPE and procedural programs to protect against hazards where current engineered controls are not available.
- Develops and leads behavioral based observation program to support employee recognition and correction of hazards.
- Develops site specific emergency management and emergency response process.
- Prepares, maintains, and submits all safety and environmental reports and permits in a timely manner in accordance with Federal, State, and Local EH&S regulations.
Additional Training and Qualifications:
- BS degree, preferred in a field of engineering/chemistry
- Must have a minimum of 3 years' experience as a safety officer in a manufacturing or chemical laboratory work environment
- Accredited safety professional preferred (CSHM, CSMP, CSSS, CSSM) and/or Industrial Hygienist
- Experience should include strong understanding of OSHA regulations, risk assessment & reduction, developing and administering training programs, accident investigation and resolution
- Capacity to perform under pressure in a fast paced production environment
- PC-based computer literacy, including Microsoft Office and the ability to quickly master other programs used in daily lab processes. Microsoft Windows and Excel proficiency
The following minimum training requirements pertain to all Safety Managers as these relate to compliance mandates:
- 24-Hour HAZWOPER Training - Train the Trainer
- RCRA waste training - Train the Trainer
- Laboratory Safety or Chemical Hygiene Officer Training
- 49CFR (DOT) and IATA Training for shipment of Dangerous Goods
Position is full-time, M-F 8:30am-5pm . Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Louisville, KY are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays