Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 50 countries and about 50,000 staff.Job Description
If you're seeking to become engaged in purposeful work that will have a far-reaching impact, Eurofins Agroscience Services (EAS) provides the environment you're looking for. With more than 50 years' experience in the crop protection industry, EAS offers a unique portfolio of expertise, providing extensive laboratory and field support across multiple industries including agrochemical, biopesticide, pharmaceutical, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
When you join the EAS Group, you'll become part a network of laboratories that prioritizes the execution of top-tier scientific studies. With access to specialized equipment and best-in-class instrumentation, you will collaborate with a team of highly trained scientists and study directors to rapidly build upon your existing skills set.
Eurofins Agroscience Services is searching for a Microbiologist to work in Easton, MD.Microbiologist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs routine and non-routine collection and/or testing of media, final product, validation-related, and critical samples according to SOPs.
- Receives, quarantines, and stores purchased microbiological media pending laboratory release.
- Monitors bio hazardous waste and coordinates its removal with qualified safety personnel.
- Isolate and maintain cultures of bacteria or other microorganisms for study
- Identify and classify microorganisms found in specimens collected from plants, animals, or the environment
- Examine physiological, morphological, and cultural characteristics, using microscope (or other techniques), to identify and classify microorganisms in water, media and food specimens.
- Supports testing of a variety of agrochemical, pharmaceutical, raw material and sterile product testing.
- Troubleshoots standard instrumentation/test methods.
- Performs activities in support of final product release testing (e.g. tests applicable for endotoxin, sterility, and particle isolation) and raw material testing (e.g. media growth promotion) where required.
- Performs activities in support of ecotoxicology testing including aquatic toxicology, avian toxicology, plant and invertebrate toxicology in a variety of matrices.
- Performs activities in support of product chemistry testing including quantitation of known materials and identification of unknown microorganisms
- Bachelor's degree in science or other related degree concentration
- 3 - 5 years related experience, preferable in a microbiology laboratory
- Standard microbiological methods and aseptic laboratory technique experience
- Knowledge of GLP preferred
- Experience working in a laboratory setting
- Experience with LIMS and Electronic laboratory notebooks
- Proficiency with MS word and excel
- Understanding of experimental design and scientific methodology in order to interpret results and draw conclusions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team-oriented setting
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to plan and prioritize concurrent assignments/activities
- Highly motivated individual who receives minimal supervision on routine assignments
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Easton, MD are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.Your data
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.Closing Date
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.