What's happening at Entrada Therapeutics? Our mission is to transform the treatment of devastating diseases and improve patients' quality of life using intracellular biologics. Leveraging our proprietary Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV)™ platform, we are creating and advancing a diverse pipeline of oligonucleotide, enzyme, protein and peptide programs to efficiently target and engage underlying drivers of diseases.
Our novel approach to drug design and delivery addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the field of intracellular biologics.
We're a tight-knit team of experts and leaders in both therapeutics development and rare disease and are excited to grow and attract colleagues who are ready to join a high energy, dedicated team that likes to get things done and dramatically improve the lives of patients and their families.
The Perfect Fit
You should be versatile, self-motivated, and looking forward to rolling up your sleeves, as you will be involved in all aspects of neuromuscular and cardiac biology. Your team player mentality and excellent communication skills will allow you to collaborate effectively as you work alongside your team as well as cross-functionally.
This position will support both, portfolio projects as well as discovery research to identify novel targets. You will work with multidisciplinary teams cross-functionally in a matrix environment and will also lead projects with external academic or private collaborators. You will be part of a cutting-edge research team with expertise in developing mechanistic insight into disease biology in the space of neuro/muscular/ cardiovascular indications. You will supervise lab-base scientists. Level will be determined based on experience.
- Formulate and lead preclinical strategies to identify and validate therapeutic targets in the relevant disease areas for building the early discovery programs
- Collaborate cross-functionally with diverse group of scientists internally as well as externally
- Conceptualize, design and run experiments independently
- Present experimental results, both internally and externally
- Lead and mentor a small team of scientist and research associates
- Be familiar with the research advances in the field to enhance the portfolio programs
- Be scientifically curious and self-driven with good time management skills
At Entrada, our passion for science, our devotion to patients and our values drive our behavior:
- Humanity - We genuinely care about patients and about one another.
- Tenacity - We are relentless and persistent in the pursuit of developing therapies for patients.
- Creativity - We are creative problem solvers.
- Collaboration - We are more than the sum of our parts.
- Curiosity - We have a growth mindset and push conventional thought and theory.
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- PhD in cell biology or related discipline with 4-6+ years of academic or industry experience for the Sr. Scientist or 8-12+ years of experience for the Principal Scientist position
- Hands-on experience with basic cell and molecular biology techniques including cell culture, cell-based assays, immunofluorescence, qPCR, and tissue processing is essential
- Experience working in the neuromuscular/cardiovascular field is preferred
- Experience in working with large scale Omics data is desirable
- Working knowledge of in vivo animal models is a plus
- Understanding of clinical needs/tractability to guide early programs that will have impact on patient lives is ideal
- Ability to work with research vendors and collaborate to manage sponsored research agreements/contracts
- Excited to be a part of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional team, but also able to work independently
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment
By becoming a team member here at Entrada, you'll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, you'll benefit from discretionary time off, paternity leave, and an excellent 401(k) package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. Our location in the vibrant and growing Seaport District is close to all the best that the city of Boston has to offer.
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Third Party Staffing Agencies
Entrada does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specified position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Entrada from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Entrada and do not obligate Entrada to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.