About Prysmian Group
Prysmian Group is the world leader in the energy and telecom cable systems industry. Each year, the Group manufacturers thousands of miles of underground and submarine cables
and systems for power transmission and distribution
, as well as medium low voltage cables
for the construction and infrastructure sectors. We also produce a comprehensive range of optical fibers, copper cables and connectivity
for voice, video, and data transmission
for the telecommunication sector
We are almost 29,000 employees, across 52 countries. Everyone at Prysmian Group has the potential to make their mark; because whatever you do, wherever you are based, you will be part of a company that is helping transform the world around us. Make Your Mark at Prysmian!Team Overview and Job Responsibilities
Who are we looking for?
- Compliance management of site Air Permit (Title V)
- Compliance management of site Stormwater permit
- Compliance management of site hazardous waste requirements for Fiber Plant (Large Quantity Generator) and Cable Plant (Small Quantity Generator) sites.
- Compliance management of Safety programs for Claremont Site to ensure compliance with all State and Federal laws while continually reducing injuries from year to year.
- Management of Safety and Environmental Cost Center Responsible to Annual Operating Budget
- Champion Environmental and Safety Cost Reduction Improvement Projects.
- Assist in management of Risk Management Compliance - Loss Prevention Compliance with site HR Manager.
- Lead Compliance with ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 Requirements for Claremont site.
- Provide Value Added Environmental/Safety Improvement Projects.
- Manage, Maintain, Improve site Recycling Services and Green Initiatives.
- Liaison with Draka sites worldwide to coordinate environmental improvement efforts
- Ensure all product meets requirements as defined by the Plant's Quality Management Systems
- Comply with all applicable safety procedures and ISO 14001 EMS guidelines
- Assist in Manufacturing/Production Activities as Requested
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or a member of management
- B.S. degree in Science or Business or related - required. BS - Environmental Sciences (preferred).
- 3 or more years of experience in Safety and/or Environmental Regulations.
- 3 or more years of Safety knowledge with OSHA regulations.
- 3 or more years of Environmental regulatory and reporting knowledge, including knowledge of:
- Air Permits (Title V),
- Hazardous Waste (Large Quantity Generator (LQG)),
- Stormwater (SWPPP/SPCC) knowledge
- Must complete OJT for specific job classification, as required, in a timely manner.
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills with a passion for EHS and energetic demeanor to drive EHS goals forward.
- Working knowledge of the following: SAP, Microsoft Office.
- Management experience in manufacturing environment - preferred.
- Motivated Team Player - participate and contribute to a constructive working environment.
- Demonstrate administrative aptitude, time management skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Capable of remaining calm & professional when dealing with stressful circumstances.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group's success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated, and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Managers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Prysmian Group will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location