BioAge Labs is a clinical-stage venture-backed biotechnology company headquartered in Richmond, CA. We've built a systems biology platform to map out the key molecular pathways that impact healthy human aging, based on proprietary human aging cohorts that have blood samples collected up to 45 years ago with participant -omics data that is tied to detailed medical follow-up records over their lifespan. To date, BioAge has raised $127M from Andreessen Horowitz, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, and others. Recently, BioAge in-licensed our first two platform assets, and for both programs we'll be initiating Phase 2 efficacy trials by H1 2021. Our mission is to develop a pipeline of therapeutic assets that increase healthspan and lifespan. For additional information about BioAge, visit the company's website at www.bioagelabs.com.About the position
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to join our team as an In Vivo Biology Scientist to carry on preclinical research for drug discovery. The qualified candidate is a highly motivated, interactive, and team-oriented individual that possesses the ability to work across a highly matrixed environment to provide technical and scientific in vivo expertise to advance drug discovery programs for the treatment of aging related diseases with high unmet medical need. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company developing a pipeline of therapies with the potential to enhance health span and lifespan in an aging population.Responsibilities:
Job Requirements:Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities:
- Perform dosing, blood collection, measurement, clinical observation to laboratory mice to support in vivo studies.
- Proficient at in-vivo technical skills, such as dosing of test substances (IP/IV/PO/SC/IM/IT/IN, etc), bleeding (submandibular/ submental/retro-orbital/tail vein/cardiac), performing euthanasia and necropsy of laboratory mice, harvest of various mouse tissues/organs.
- Prepping mice for studies, such as shaving, animal identification (e.g., ear tag, ear notching, tail mark), and other tasks as directed.
- Collection relevant data and provide feed-back to team members regarding progress of assigned projects.
- Maintain detailed records of measurements, observations, and other required data of various models.
- Adhere to animal welfare rules and regulations as instructed by management.
- Monitor health of laboratory mice as specified by supervisors and staff veterinarians. Assessment of animal health and specific hallmarks of disease development including ensuring adherence to humane endpoints.
- Share weekend and holiday hours with peers on a rotational basis.
- Vivarium maintenance including but not limited to restocking supplies, cleaning, and sharing husbandry duties.
- Prepare and maintain laboratory equipment and supplies, ensure sufficient inventory of reagents, consumables, and materials.
- Work together in a team environment towards the goals of our therapeutics programs.
- Training on more complex procedures as needed.
- And all other duties that maybe assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or related discipline with at least 2 years of hands-on experience with laboratory rodents.
- AALAS certification is highly desired (ALAT, LAT, LATG).
- Excellent hands-on in-vivo technical skills are necessary.
- Strong motivation, ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, able to efficiently work both independently and as part of a team.
- Organized and disciplined about record keeping, with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Some expertise in aging/and/or age-related diseases/disorders in animal models is a plus.
offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to company-observed holidays. We provide medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with a 401(k)-retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions. We also pride ourselves in giving employees many opportunities for career development including a generous annual budget for continued learning, a direct and open-door environment, and a dedication to training and skill development.BioAge
is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. BioAge prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. BioAge conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.