Mabbett & Associates, Inc. (Mabbett), an award-winning environmental, health and safety (EH&S) consulting and engineering firm, is seeking EH&S Senior Consultants to join our team in Alexandria, Virginia. This opportunity is for candidates who possess a strong EH&S compliance background.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in environmental science, engineering, chemistry, public health, safety, industrial hygiene, biology, or a related field.
- 15 years of related EH&S experience. Alternatively, a Master's degree and at least ten (10) years' experience is also acceptable.
- Strong EH&S background including experience preparing reports, permits and written programs, conducting EH&S compliance and management system audits, and delivering training.
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) experience a plus.
- Ideal candidate will have prior EH&S consulting and project management.
- Experience with laboratories, healthcare, and/or with Federal agencies is preferred.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
- Professional certifications, such as Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), or ISO 14001 Lead Auditor are a plus.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check, a Federal background check and obtain a Federal security clearance, as well as pre-employment drug screen, to include cannabis. Candidates with an active security clearance are preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain at least a DoD Secret clearance. Candidates with an active Secret clearance or higher are preferred.
- Due to the nature of our work, the clients that we serve, and the setting for certain on-site assignments, the candidate selected for this position must be fully vaccinated for the Covid-19 virus prior to beginning employment except in situations where a medical or religious accommodation is requested and granted by the firm. Commitment to maintain full-vaccination status by obtaining any and all future booster immunizations, etc. as may be mandated by CDC policy or regulation or firm/firm client requirements will also be required.
- Ability to travel, work in the field, work outdoors, and lift 50 lbs.
- Military Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position will provide technical and client management support including but not limited to:
- EH&S program development, implementation, and tracking;
- EH&S compliance and management system auditing;
- EH&S training program development and delivery;
- Regulatory agency submittals;and
- Technical report preparation and review.