Biology Lab Assistant
needed for a contract opportunity with Yoh Scientific's client located in San Diego, CA
This entry-level position is in a high throughput testing Lab
of a major diagnostics company
, and requires 0-1 years of BSL2 lab experience, strong communication skills, and an ability to follow strict safety procedures. Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.Key Responsibilities:
- Extract DNA from saliva samples in a BSL2 Laboratory
- Adhere to SOPs for all processes of the lab including but not limited to processing DNA samples through the Infinium assay
- Daily operation of array scanners and liquid-handling robots to meet daily and weekly production goals
- Carry out daily/weekly/monthly maintenance schedules to ensure that the laboratory equipment is operating properly
- Packaging functions that include sending saliva samples and DNA back to customer(s)
- Order laboratory consumables and keep laboratory materials stocked
- 0-1 years of experience in a high throughput laboratory environment is a plus
- Ideal candidate should have demonstrated math skills and an ability to work under minimal to no supervision
Opportunity is Calling, Apply Now! Recruiter:
Mary Nestojko, Mary.Nestojko@yoh.com What's In It For You?
We welcome you to be a part of one of the largest global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh's network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh's extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh's vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401K Retirement Saving Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Direct Deposit & weekly ePayroll
- Employee Discount Programs
- Referral Bonus Programs
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!