PAUL SMITH'S COLLEGE
Alpine Ski Coach
Paul Smith's College is the only private four-year college inside the Adirondack Park. The campus consists of 14,000 acres of breathtaking natural beauty, diverse wildlife, and endless outdoor adventure. PSC is unlike any college in America. Its location and historic legacy offer students unparalleled opportunities through the departments of Environment and Society, Forestry, Natural Science, Business and Hospitality, and Culinary Management https://www.paulsmiths.edu/academics/all-programs/
* Assists in the development and execution of an effective program to identify student-athlete prospects for the Alpine Ski racing program.
* Assists with recruiting activities to include attendance and participation in Open Houses and Orientation which adheres to College and USCSA policies and procedures.
* Provides effective supervision of Alpine Ski Team student-athletes in the practice areas, competition, and life management, including travel.
* Works with the New York State Ski Education Foundation to arrange the practice schedule at Whiteface.
* Assists in maintaining a system to provide accurate records regarding individual and team performance for the college, regional and USCSA national competitions.
* Works with the Sports Information Director to ensure post-race coverage is provided on the Alpine Ski Team website, and race results are provided to the local media outlets.
* Assists in the coordination of team travel and similar responsibilities for out-of-town races.
* Actively participates at Student-athlete Awards ceremony.
* Serves as a role model for student athletes.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Two or more years of coaching Alpine skiing at a college or university is highly preferred.
* Ability to provide leadership to student athletes to encourage both successful academic development and competitive performance.
* Ability to partner well with staff and students.
* Ability to train for success, not just at winning but also at helping team members to reach personal goals.
* Flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends and travel as required.
* Provide accurate and timely reports to the Director of Athletics on all team activities.
* Participate in coaches training, as required.
* New York State Driver's license and driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier.
Applicants should complete the on-line application and submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
It is the policy of Paul Smith's College to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
provided by The Adirondack Daily EnterpriseAdirondack Daily Enterprise. Keywords: Ski Instructor, Location: Paul Smiths, NY - 12970