Join Land O'Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to fork, building vibrant communities along the way. We're a global, Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative, which means we work for one another-not Wall Street. We're proud to rank a Top Workplace. We offer:
- Competitive compensation and rewards
- Best-in-class healthcare for you and your family
- Powerful savings programs
- Training and career progression
Responsible for the daily operations, maintenance, implementation of research experiments and data collection within the Phenotyping laboratory for Proprietary STAMPS and a fee for service program as directed by a Winfield United research manager. Assist and work collaboratively with Product Development Research Managers to generate and interpret data for WinField United proprietary STAMPS projects and technologies provided by industry partners. Effectively communicate results to relevant stakeholders to meet timelines and goals.
Will assist in other areas when project priorities change during the testing year. These areas will include spray analysis systems, seed care preparation, chemical formulation scale up for field and lab experiments as well as assist with Innovation Center tours. Phenotyping Lab Operation - 40%
Proprietary STAMPS development - 30%
- Daily operation of the Phenotyping laboratory including proper maintenance, executing research protocol, good laboratory practices, experimentation preparation, and data collection on proprietary and industry partnered companies' technologies. Support WFU fee for service approach to testing biological materials.
- Assist with customer onboarding to ensure products are tested properly and benchmarked against relevant controls. Assist RM(s) with data interpretation and summarization for industry partnered companies through an industry leading fee-for-service testing offer.
Method Development and Instrumentation - 20%
- Assist RM with the design, development, and implementation of trials for existing and innovative STAMPS and HIF projects. Collect and assist with developing data insights and communicate to stake holders within Product Development to ensure technologies are properly moving through the BWUP.
- Close coordination and frequent communications with all relevant staff to ensure quality goals for data and information are met. Participate in facility tours with stakeholders and prospective customers to communicate value and differentiating capabilities of Winfield United Phenotyping laboratory.
- Ensure all data are stored in the appropriate repositories.
Safety and cross functional support - 10%
- Assist with the development of research methods and processes to ensure data generation within the Phenotyping laboratory are repeatable and of high quality. Suggest improvements of equipment and processes to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of product screening. Develop and maintain operating manuals and work instructions on a timely basis.
- Use Innovation center instrumentation and equipment as directed by Research Manager(s) team to help support the Phenotype laboratory. Have a working knowledge of various instruments and equipment, including Greenhouse operations, Growth Chambers, seed treatment, relevant analytical equipment, and field research equipment.
- Follow all laboratory and field safety rules and regulations, including health and safety policies, to guarantee the highest quality results. Read SDSs of raw materials and experimental products. Participate in monthly safety meetings with the Product Development team and complete all safety modules as assigned. Read and follow all lab SOPs. Go through and complete lab training check list. Assist in keeping all labs safe and clean.
- Assist with other research initiatives when projects require additional assistance. This work would include field research, chemistry compatibility testing, greenhouse trial establishment, wind tunnel materials testing, and seed protection materials.
Budget, Revenue, Direct Reports, Sales Volume, etc.
- Position responsible for supporting diverse groups within Winfield United.
- Will have responsibilities to conduct experiments without supervision and handle some fee for service work as suppliers come to Winfield United for research work.
Experience and Education
- BS in agronomy, plant physiology, horticulture, botany or closely aligned field with a minimum of 4+ years' experience in agricultural research and development. Extensive knowledge in experimentation involving phenotype equipment and developing appropriate data and support material. Demonstrated experience in research methodology to improve processes and meet quality standards. Experience with data management and familiarity with databases and data curation. Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work in a fast-past, team environment.
Experience and Education
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O'Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.