Environmental Health & Safety Specialist II Job Family Job Description Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist II Put a LIFT in Your Career!
Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Environmental, Health & (EHS) Specialist II
at our research and development facility located in Fairview, Oregon. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 90 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on environmental, health and safety (EHS) compliance and culture. As an EHS Specialist II, you will play a key role in meeting all EHS compliance requirements and coordination of the various EHS programs. You will be responsible for providing EHS expertise and support of the various aspects of the EHS functions through focused day-to-day administration, EHS program and systems coordination, and data support for the identification, development and implementation of additional EHS programs and continuous improvement initiatives. This includes meeting all EHS, ISO14001/ISO4001 management systems if applicable, as well as, State and Federal regulations and requirements. Key accountabilities include:
- Identification, development, delivery of EHS training, training materials, training plans and efforts to support the needs of the operation to effectively balance and improve safety and environmental compliance.
- Ensure EHS training programs meet or exceed compliance obligations, legal and other requirements.
- Proactively identify training gaps and develop training programs that support facility needs and initiatives.
- Co-manage workers' compensation, case management, documentation, post incident/injury investigations, proper coordination and execution of benefits working closely with the company Third Party Administrator ensuring timely and accurate resolution of claims.
- Monitor facility EHS compliance obligations, legal and other requirements and maintain postings, documentation, reporting, and other related procedures.
- Ensure incident Reports are completed timely and accurately and ensure proper coordination with occupational medicine, line management, and employees.
- Provide timely data, reporting, communications and trend analysis for identification of occupational safety and/or environmental sustainability opportunities.
- Develop and support facility occupational safety and wellness programs.
- Be a key contributor in the identification and problem-solving activities that drive continuous improvement of EHS results.
- Identify occupational safety and environmental sustainability opportunities via safety inspections, audits, hazard assessments and recommend appropriate resolutions which may include the development of appropriate training, programs, and/or other needs.
- Administration and/or coordination of all EHS processes and procedures in support of ISO 14001 and/or ISO45001 Management Systems, Behavior Based Safety, Job Hazard Assessments, emergency response programs, etc.
- B.S. degree in related discipline (Occupational Safety, Safety Sciences, and/or Environmental Engineering).
- Broad EHS knowledge of 4-7 years industry experience preferred.
- May consider 8-12 years of progressive related EHS experience in lieu of degree.
- Specialized knowledge of Federal and State environmental health and safety regulations and requirements to include workers compensation, RCRA, EPCRA, TSCA, NPDES, CAA, SPPP/SPCC, DOT, OSHA and EPA.
- Effective communication, presentation, facilitation and problem-solving skills with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and planning experience.
- Excellent computer/MS office skills.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and ISO 45001 Occupational, Health & Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Project management experience/exposure preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled Job ID
0043 Employment Type
Full time Work Hours
40 Travel Required Primary Location
HYG US Portland, OR Address
4000 NE Blue Lake Road Zip Code
No Relocation Assistance Available
No We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled