This role will be responsible for designing, performing, analyzing, and documenting experiments to support genome engineering research within Resilience R&D. They will work closely to assist scientists and engineers to develop and test workflows and hypotheses. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successfully carrying out laboratory SOPs independently. This role requires excellent verbal and written communication.Job Responsibilities
- Working with scientists and engineers, design knock-outs, knock-ins, and screening approaches to understand cell biology.
- Track new techniques and technologies in the field of new nuclease designs and optimization (i.e. Base editing, Prime editing)
- Prepare presentations and present scientific topics and experimental methods you are working on.
- Help develop and pilot new laboratory protocols and standard operating procedures with the research team.
- Maintain clear documentation of experimental setup, reagents used, and data generated using best practices and electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Assist in organzing electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) contents and laboratory information management systems (LIMS)contents.
- Perform routine laboratory operations: order and organize laboratory supplies, coordinate cell line management, dispose of dispose of biological and chemical waste; track research team laboratory trainings;
- Participate in daily Agile stand-ups and weekly sprints with other members of the research team.
- B.S or M.S. in a biology-related field (e.g. molecular biology, genetics, synthetic biology, immunology, bioengineering).
- 0-2 years of wet lab experience including operating scientific instrumentation such as thermocyclers, fluorescent microscopes, and gel electrophoresis systems.
- Significant experience in bacterial and mammalian cell culture systems and trained in aseptic technique.
- Experience with CRISPR systems, experimental protocols, and genotyping analysis methods
- Ability to use single cell phenotyping technologies (e.g. flow cytometry / FACS-based analysis)
- Hands-on lab knowledge and experience with current and next-gen genome engineering and sequencing technologies
- Knowledge of and experience with molecular biology and/or synthetic biology experimental approaches
- Experience in designing DNA and RNA sequences (plasmids and maps, primers, guide RNA, siRNA).
- Experience in interfacing with laboratory automation (e.g. automated liquid handlers) and data analysis software.
- Experience with coding and running bioinformatics scripts (Python, numpy, scipy, pandas, jupyter).