COMPANY is seeking a Transportation Business Development Leader to grow our planning work with state, regional, and local transportation agencies. COMPANY's transportation practice works with clients to support effective transportation planning and program implementation, drawing on deep expertise in policy, technology, data analytics, environmental and energy issues, resiliency, and communications. We need a dynamic, strategic, and growth-oriented executive to expand our transportation planning footprint across the United States, diversity our client base, and broaden the suite of services provided to state and local transportation agencies.
The selected candidate will be an established professional with a proven track record of developing and implementing strategies that drive significant and sustained growth into an organization. This individual must exhibit strong leadership qualities and should be highly collaborative, as he/she must work closely with COMPANY practice leaders, project managers, business development units, as well as our clients and strategic teaming partners.
We are looking for a candidate who brings his/her own well-established business network and who has at least 15 years of experience working with state and local clients with a specific focus on selling and delivering transportation planning and related strategy and policy services. Ideally this candidate has experience across all transportation modes and has worked extensively at both the statewide and metropolitan scales. The position requires experience in most or all of the following areas:
As the Transportation Business Development Leader, you will:
- Transportation planning, including statewide, metropolitan, and corridor planning, and performance-based planning and programming.
- Freight transportation planning and strategy.
- Transit planning and related topics such as shared use mobility, first-mile last-mile connections, and transportation demand management.
- Community and environmental impact assessment issues such as livability, equity, environmental justice, and public health.
- Transportation financial analysis and/or economic analysis, including benefit-cost analysis.
- Transportation asset management and/or risk assessment, including climate change vulnerability and resiliency assessments for the transportation system.
- Transportation data analysis and visualization.
- Grow our sales pipeline through the identification and qualification of new business opportunities that are consistent with strategic priorities for COMPANY's transportation practice.
- Conduct and support client engagement activities to strengthen our relationships with our clients and increase our understanding of their needs.
- Lead and support proposal development.
- Serve in a project director or senior advisory role for selected projects, consistent with strategic priorities.
- Provide high levels of strategic and business vision to reflect the evolving needs of state and local transportation agencies.
- Leverage the capabilities of other COMPANY practice area including climate change, energy, environmental, outreach and engagement