Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies. In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing. Ã‚Â In 2020, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR Ã¢â€šÂ¬ 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years. Job Description
Eurofins Frontier Global Sciences, Inc. is searching for an Scientist I-Metals Chemist in Fife, WA.
This position is an entry to mid-level analytical position. The chemist performs sample preparation as well as the analysis of environmental sample for trace metals determinations. The chemist interprets and manages data using LIMS, Access and Excel, ensuring that data meets all established QA/QC criteria and is made available to the department Leads and manager within specified time frames.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using established procedures, prepare, analyze and document sample analyses using CV-AFS, CV-GC-AFS, HG-AFS, HG-CT-GC-AAS, IC-HG-AFS, ICP-MS, UV-VIS, and other methodologies.
- Familiarity with established procedures, for the preparation/analysis and documentation of samples using EPA 1630, 1631, 1632, 1638, 200.8, 3051, 3052, 1311, 3020, and other methodologies.
- Perform and interpret required QA/QC procedures; recommend, perform and document corrective actions and possible impacts to data quality.
- Perform all functions in support of and in compliance with all state and federal employee regulations.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate proactive commitment and adherence to industry and company safety regulations and procedures
- Completes all training requirements and ensures they are fully documented and on file with Quality Assurance and Safety Officers.
- Manages the completion of regular training and DOC (Demonstration of Capabilities) for staff per our quality policies under the direction of department Group Leaders and QA department.
- Ensure investigation reports (IRs or however they may be called) and internal/external audit findings are completed on time.
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Troubleshoot instrument problems, perform routine maintenance, and consult with vendor technicians (support engineers) when appropriate
- Manage inventory needs, assist in ordering of supplies, and maintain stock of all necessary components, supplies, standards and reagents.
- Utilize computer software to prioritize work, track samples, acquire data, perform calculations and statistical analysis, and store data to meet established deadlines.
- Conduct review of analytical sample preparation data including: checks for completeness, calculation accuracy, data interpretation and data quality objective coherence. Provide all documentation for peer and scientific review of data in a timely manner
- Train coworkers in sample preparation and analysis, instrument operation and maintenance, troubleshooting techniques and data quality objective adherence
- Constructively problem-solve work issues with team members and other lab staff as well as
- Provide feedback to Group Leader, Lab Manager, Quality Assurance Officer and/or Project Managers about analysis, data, or other issues
- Ensure department specific Standard Operating Procedures are reviewed and/or updated on time.
- Provide back-up assistance to other analysts and lab assistants when necessary
- Ensure department is using established procedures to ship/receive client samples
- Make recommendations and implement new methods, cost saving techniques or practices, efficiency improvements and policies for the department.
- Coordinate with the department managers and group leaders, technicians and chemists on a daily basis.
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 9:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fife, WA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Science or equivalent experience; experience in an environmental lab is a plus.
At least two year's analytical experience, or combination, at company or equivalent experience elsewhere.
Flexible and willing to help in other areas of laboratory as needed.
Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorshipAdditional InformationEurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.