Environmental Specialist - Blaine, MN
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Vacation, and Pet Insurance
We have a current opportunity for an Environmental Specialist with the ability to move up in the organization. This position provides hazardous and nonhazardous waste management services to our customers.
Manifesting and packaging of materials
Labeling of packages/drums
Coordinating transportation, and sampling/profiling material.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sample waste streams according to prescribed policies and procedures.
• Manifest, package, and provide spill clean-up response and remedial activities, labeling, loading, off loading, and coordinating transportation.
• Assist in the loading/unloading of hazardous waste materials at designated sites utilizing appropriate equipment such as drum dollies, forklift, etc. to ensure transfer of waste in a safe and timely manner.
• Maintain a professional image to clients.
• Answer Customer inquiries and suggest solutions to existing/potential problems.
• Comply and enforce all compliance, health, safety, and procedures in accordance with VES-TS policies.
• Become familiar with all U. S. Department of Transportation (DOT)/Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and VES-TS regulations required in submitting paper work to expedite disposal of hazardous waste.
• Manage small Customer projects.
• Ensures that DOT requirements such as load weight limits, driver log book, VIR's, transportation permits, insurance cards, fuel trip reports, IFTA fuel stickers, or other paperwork is up to date and valid
• Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related science discipline preferred
• Prior work experience in the hazardous waste/related industry required
• 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification
• Valid Drivers License
• Class A or B Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with Hazardous (H) endorsement
• Environmental Specialist II Competency Test
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.