Swagelok, one of Northeast Ohio's largest employers and an 11-time winner of the NorthCoast 99, is repeatedly recognized as a top place to work. We manufacture products that impact critical industries around the globe, and we are focused on the quality of our products, processes, and people. A values-driven company since 1947, we continue to grow and we invite you to join our team! Position Summary:
Our Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist provides advanced environmental, health and safety related support to their site management teams, participates in continuous improvement initiatives, and ensures compliance with Swagelok's programs, policies, and practices in conjunction with Federal, State, and Local environmental and safety regulations. In this role, the EHS Specialist is responsible for supporting facilities and operational areas of a complex nature or with high safety/environmental impact potential. The EHS Specialist is considered a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in multiple core EHS discipline areas, providing technical leadership and developmental guidance inside and outside the EHS organization. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements Education
- Maintains a visible presence on the shop floor
- Partners with site management teams to drive and provide technical leadership for daily operations and continuous improvement initiatives from an Environmental, Health and Safety perspective.
- Collaborates with site business leaders, providing regulatory guidance, compliance requirements and pertinent safety metric information.
- Provides organizational and department support as a recognized subject matter expert in multiple EHS technical areas.
- Mentors and helps develop Environmental and Safety Coordinators (ESCs); assumes lead role in advancing safety culture.
- Completes government compliance reporting (SERC, TRI, Annual Hazardous Waste) and other site-specific required reports.
- Ensures facility waste streams are properly managed, stored and disposed.
- Completes the compliance schedule for sites and operational areas of responsibility.
- Conducts and coordinates industrial hygiene testing on a periodic basis or as required.
- Oversees and conducts training for associates, temporary associates, and contractors on Environmental, Health and Safety programs.
- Conducts hazard assessments and identifies appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Conducts workplace incident investigations and root cause analyses.
- Assists site management in preparing and conducting internal/external audits.
- Maintains site metrics; presents Environmental, Health and Safety results to management teams on a periodic basis.
- Leads and assists in projects aligned with business objectives.
- Provides site/service group leadership in development of operational plans.
- Reviews and updates Environmental, Health and Safety Programs as required.
- Provides backup support for other site EHS coordinators and specialists as required.
- At sites where applicable; oversee site Emergency Response Teams and qualifications; develops and helps conduct appropriate training.
: BS degree in environmental sciences, safety management, engineering, chemistry, or other applicable degree. Experience
: Candidates with EHS discipline training and 5 + years of work experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety field. Skills/Knowledge
: Partners and provides EHS leadership up and down in the organization - with the shop floor and site management team. Mentors new and junior Environmental and Safety Coordinators. Manages multiple projects and activities simultaneously. Applies reason and logic in problem solving. Demands compliance where applicable. Demonstrates competent computer skills. Preferred
: Supervisory or technical leadership in a manufacturing environment Skills/Knowledge
: Presentation and facilitation skills a plus. Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.? Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.