Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years. Job DescriptionPosition Summary:
Maintaining GC/MS instrumentation; tuning and calibrating instruments daily; analyzing quality control and client samples; reviewing and assembling this data (in an efficient manner, with a high degree of quality) to meet client requirementsEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Maintains GC/MS instrumentation
- Tunes and calibrates GC/MS
- Analyzes samples by GC/MS
- Reviews and assembles all supporting GC/MS data
- Reads, understands, and carries out SOPs
- Understands and uses appropriate computer programs and databases and other software in a Windows-based environment
- Demonstrates and maintains awareness of technical innovations and progress in environmental field (including periodic literature examination for relative scientific information)
- Makes calibration standards or other quality control samples
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
This position is open on 1st and 2nd shift.
1st shift is M-F 7am-3pm.
2nd shift will be Monday - Friday 3pm-11pm. QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications:
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or related field
- Authorization to work in the United States without restriction or Sponsorship
Additional Information Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.
- GC/MS experience
- Above average technical and reasoning skills (including logical thinking and deductive reasoning); good work habits and documentation skills (i.e., cleanliness, accuracy, cautiousness, and neatness); personal maturity and sense of responsibility; conscientiousness; positive attitude toward quality control, safety procedures, and ethical practices; work independently and within a team environment; recognize and meet all deadlines or due dates; commitment to maintain client confidentiality concerning names and work performed; good organizational skills; self-motivation to improve technical skills and internal operations; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; serve as an example of maturity and loyalty to company philosophy and goals; problem-solving ability; troubleshooting techniques; function under medium stress level; organized thought process; multitask and retain large amounts of information; adapt to method changes; work with minimal supervision; follow instructions; serve as an example of maturity and loyalty to company philosophy and goals
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.