A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. Your Role:
As aResearch Scientist, Molecular Biology, you will review new products and applications aligned with current business strategy to address needs of researchers within protein and nucleic acid workflow across a wide range of industries.
Who You Are:
- Support adoption of new products in the marketplace by generating applications data & working closely with customers and commercial organization.
- Work closely with manufacturing to ensure that any changes to product don't impact product applications.
- Leverage specialized knowledge and analytical skills to solve complex problems.
- Participate in strategic planning to identify new areas for future development in life science.
- Plan experiments and write protocols.
- Report activities & results.
- Ensure coordination with project managers, technical lead and management through good communication.
- Present technical seminars at conferences, workshops, customer sites and webinars.
- Provide technical leadership on cross-functional teams supporting the product development process.
- Master's degree in Biology, Biotechnology, or a closely related bioscience field
- 2+ years of experience in an academic and/or industrial lab working in proteins or nucleic acids workflows
What we offer:
- Ph.D. in Biology, Biotechnology, or a closely related bioscience field
- Experience in Elisa, PCR, NGS, and assay development
- Hands on experience across a range of life science applications - skills in the areas of protein chemistry, molecular biology and cell biology
- Experience defining customer needs and developing new products
- Previous experience mentoring or supervising laboratory scientists
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.