Senior / Research Associate, Early Research Biology
at Relay Therapeutics
Relay Therapeutics was founded on the premise that protein motion can be leveraged to create breakthrough medicines, with a drug discovery engine that was built on advances in detecting and characterizing dynamic interactions - anywhere on a protein - not just at the active site. Our team is putting this principle into practice, with the aim of accelerating the development of medicines that will make a transformative difference in patients' lives. We don't just stare hard problems in the face - we go out looking for them. Are you energized by attempting to do the impossible? We're looking for you!
Energized by the ultimate collaboration between chemistry, biology, computation, and biochemistry & biophysics, we have the resources to change the way drugs are discovered and help millions of people who were previously untreatable. While leveraging protein motion for drug discovery is a challenge, we are confident that our team's dedication and urgency will create opportunities that deeply impact the lives of the patients. We're building a company for the ages.
We are seeking an innovative, collaborative, and motivated research associate to join our growing team. At RelayTx, we apply cutting edge technology towards the discovery, characterization, and optimization of small molecule therapeutics in oncology and other diseases. The successful candidate will work as a member of the research team to design and execute on-target dependency hypotheses and validate small molecule leads.
- Assess target mechanism and small molecule modulation of targets, enabling hit identification and validation.
- Work in our state-of-the-art laboratory and utilize your skills in molecular cloning, si/shRNA, qPCR, western blotting, protein expression, immunostaining, and pharmacological modulation of targets.
- Establish preclinical models and develop assays to leverage these models in the drug discovery process.
- Careful collection and analysis data and communicating of your results to biologists and multidisciplinary colleagues.
- BS/MS in cancer biology, cell/molecular biology, or genetics with 2+ years of experience in an academic or biopharma setting.
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art techniques and are not afraid to learn new technologies when required.
- You can thrive in a dynamic environment, are detail oriented, and are a problem-solver; a strong work ethic and high-level motivation are required.
- You can work collaboratively within an energetic, matrixed research organization.
- You are eager to deepen the understanding of the small molecule drug discovery process.
We believe in building balanced teams and a place where our people can be their best self every day. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Relay Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
At Relay Tx, we believe that along with our people, our culture is our greatest asset. In fact we're proud to share we were named as one of the Boston Business Journal's "Best Places to Work " in 2017, the #1 place for small companies in 2018 & the #2 place for small companies in 2019. To drive that culture, no one will stop you or hold you back. Instead, we will give you the tools and colleagues to push forward relentlessly and cheer you on as you go. If this resonates with you, drop us a line.
About Relay Therapeutics
Relay Therapeutics is a clinical-stage precision medicines company transforming the drug discovery process with the goal of bringing life-changing therapies to patients. Built on unparalleled insights into protein motion and how this dynamic behavior relates to protein function, we aim to effectively drug protein targets that have previously been intractable, with an initial focus on enhancing small molecule therapeutic discovery in targeted oncology and genetic diseases. Our Dynamo platform integrates an array of leading-edge experimental and computational approaches to provide a differentiated understanding of protein structure and motion to drug these targets. We have built a world-class team of leading experts from each of these disciplines, and they are driven by a deep collaboration at every step of our drug discovery process.
Our team is equal parts fearless and relentless, with a shared passion for working collaboratively in intellectually stimulating environments. If you're excited by the challenge of putting protein motion at the heart of drug discovery and passionate about making a difference in the lives of patients, join us!
29 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02116
P (617) 585-2000