Colden Corporation is an occupational health, safety and environmental consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals. We are a dynamic and growing Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) business seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premiere clients including Fortune 100 companies. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, and profit sharing.
This is a full-time entry-level position for an Environmental Engineer or Environmental Scientist located at a client site in the Fishkill, New York area, close to the Hudson River Valley and Catskill Mountains and less than two hours from New York City. The selected candidate will work as part of an EHS team to support the site and Northeast Regional environmental programs and EHS objectives.
This position will work with EHS, Manufacturing, and Facilities personnel to develop and improve EHS Programs to maintain best in class performance, with direct contributions in completing various deliverables for environmental compliance and management programs. Assigned tasks may involve a variety of environmental media and programs to meet applicable environmental regulations and other requirements, including for Stormwater, Chemical Bulk Storage, Petroleum Bulk Storage, and Oil Spill Prevention and Control. Responsibilities may include:
* Completing environmental compliance inspections and audits.
* Establishing key performance indicators. Monitoring and reporting on environmental performance.
* Assembling environmental compliance reports and deliverables, with guidance from technical mentors and subject matter experts.
* Updating and maintaining environmental program documentation and records.
* Completing other activities assigned to support the clients Environmental, Health, Safety & Security (EHS&S) programs.
* Participating in site and regional EHS&S meetings as directed.
* Bachelors degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or similar science, technology, or engineering field
* Experience range: 0 to 2 years considered
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with fluency in the English Language
* Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms
* COVID-19 vaccination
* Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism; safety and ethical conduct are essential
* Familiarity with environmental regulations
* Internship, co-op or other work experience as an Environmental Engineer or Environmental Scientist
Please submit resume and cover letter to and reference Environmental Specialist Fishkill in the subject line.