Health, Safety and Environmental Leader
We are looking for a talented Health and Safety Environmental Leader to join our engine business manufacturing plant based in Jamestown, NY.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
* Implements and sustains a positive health, safety, and environmental culture through the application of the management systems framework in a highly complex site(s).
* Establishes the short term and long-term strategic plan for the site to foster continual health, safety, and environmental improvement.
* Leads programs, policies and assessments and monitors performance to ensure compliance with Cummins internal requirements, applicable health, safety and environmental regulations and industry standards.
* Builds strong relationships across functions to ensure the organization understands and are accountable for their roles and responsibilities and are committed to driving a positive health, safety, and environmental culture.
* Drives hazard identification, environmental aspect identification and risk assessment programs to identify strategic risk improvement opportunities and gaps in health, safety, and environmental compliance obligations.
* Drives an effective support model throughout the site through training, skills development, and internal communications.
* Leads Health, Safety, Environmental Management Systems review annually in conformance with Cummins internal requirements.
* Responsible for ensuring Cummins values are present in the plant; this includes championing diversity, community involvement, and right environment initiatives.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
* College, university, or equivalent degree in Occupational Health, Safety or Environmental required or Mechanical/ Manufacturing or related field required.
* 10 years of experience in management of Health, Safety, and Environmental ISO Standards for a large industrial manufacturing site.
* 5 years of experience at the management level.
* Proven experience in influencing the Health, Safety and Environmental Culture - Champions positive health and safety behaviors by influencing leaders and employees to create the right environment.
* Proven success in leading, mentoring, and developing teams.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Job HEALTH AND SAFETY
Primary Location United States-New York-Jamestown-US, NY, Jamestown, Engine Plant
Job Type Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt - Experienced
Job Posting Oct 26, 2021, 1:11:59 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 21000753