Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovative-driven company that will inspire you and support your career development? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Scientist / Sr. Scientist leading Integrated Data Sciences and Systems Biology approaches in Cell Therapies at our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by a wavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future
to people around the world. Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission in Cell Therapies.
You will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and partner with industry-leading professionals in oncology, drug discovery, translational research, quantitative systems pharmacology, engineering, analytical and process development as you engage in cutting-edge therapeutic programs. The successful candidate will have extensive experience working with high-dimensional datasets using best practices in statistical data analyses and development of systems approaches to provide scientific and engineering insights that drive and inform Cell Therapies platform strategies.POSITION OBJECTIVES:
The Cell Therapy Technology and Product Engine teams are pursuing several programs in human clinical studies, in addition to management of Takeda's commercial cell therapy assets. This position's primary role is to provide hands-on support, computational leadership and statistical guidance in bringing these therapies to patients, with a focus on nonclinical and clinical data integration, visualization, and analyses. In this role you will contribute to Takeda's Cell Therapy platform strategies, working cross-functionally with late-stage discovery, process and analytical development, translational / clinical sciences, pharmacology, data sciences, CMC and in silico modeling teams.POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Evaluate systems approaches and novel algorithms for model development, data analyses, visualization and exploration in collaboration with Takeda cross-functions, academic partners and/or external associates.
- Execute integrative analyses to deduce, summarize and communicate results contributing to MoA and indication, disease mechanisms, response predictors and biomarkers of clinical outcomes as related to autologous and allogeneic product-centric characterization.
- Integrate and interpret high-dimensional data from a variety of high-throughput platforms and multidimensional data sources (internal or public) to derive insights and data-driven program strategies
- Employ product-centric model development, mechanistic modeling, and statistical analyses during Development and GMP Manufacturing spanning pre-clinical and clinical outcomes.
- Work cross-functionally among R&D teams, workstreams, and programs to provide statistical support and expertise across the Cell Therapy portfolio.
- Perform exploratory data analyses, static and dynamic data visualizations to communicate quantitative results enabling data-driven program decisions.
- Deploy computationally efficient cloud-based technologies to maximize pipeline efficiency.
- Actively communicate with nonclinical leads, scientists, analytical, and clinical teams to inform data analyses, data engineering, and machine learning that drives drug discovery and development.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure a collaborative work environment with colleagues in Research, Analytical and Process Development, Automation and Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing, and Data Integration teams at domestic and international sites.
- PhD - or MS with 2+ years of work experience, or BS with 5+ years of relevant experience - in Engineering, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, or a related field and/or experience in systems biology
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in pharma-biotech and familiarity in a highly regulated environment ( e.g., GLP- and GMP-compliant) preferred
- Proven record in planning and basic project management of a team to deliver on time/schedule and cost
- Experience implementing NGS data analysis pipelines preferably in a production context; evaluation of (non)clinical datasets in cell therapies preferred.
- Demonstrate experience and use of state-of-the-art bioinformatic tools for genome-scale or big data derived from Next Generation Sequencing including DNA, RNA, Epigenetics, and Single Cell sequencing platforms and assays
- Knowledge of high-level computing languages: R, C/C++, Java, Python, Perl, and willingness to learn other(s)
- Strong knowledge in statistical software and language ( e.g., R, SAS, MATLAB)
- Familiar with distributed computing, database ( e.g., SQL), and Amazon Web Services. Database programming or dashboard experience is a plus.
- Proficient in applying concepts in descriptive and multivariate statistics; Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning knowledge and application is a plus. Evaluation of (non)clinical datasets in cell therapies preferred.
- Experience in data integration, algorithm development, programming, and evaluation of analytical tools
- Self-motivation and excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational skills, and be a strong team player.
- Ability to drive initiatives, and excel in a matrix environment
Effective November 1, 2021, absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. As of the same date, absent an approved religious or medical reason, US field-based employees, employees must be fully vaccinated in order to continue in their current roles. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. Candidates are encouraged to speak with their recruiter to seek further information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function for which they have applied.WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
This job posting excludes CO applicants.EEO Statement
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
Cambridge, MAWorker Type