Principal Scientist, Process Development, Cryobiology
Fate Therapeutics Process Development group is seeking a collaborative, self-driven and highly skilled Principal Scientist with expertise in Cryobiology, Process Development, or Immunology to join a team dedicated to the development of best-in-class off-the-shelf induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC)-derived cellular immunotherapies. The successful candidate will be part of a cross-disciplinary team to evaluate, develop and implement a robust cryopreservation platform for Fate's best-in-class iPSC-derived NK and T cell drug products. This is a full-time laboratory position reporting to the Director, Process Development and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
• Prioritize and characterize Cryopreservation Critical Process Parameters (CPP) for iPSCs and iPSC-derived cells
• Design, perform and interpret experiments to delineate the effect of cryopreservation on iPSCderived NK and T cell recovery, proliferation and functional potency both in vitro and in vivo
• Investigate, develop and implement novel strategies, technologies and materials using statistical approaches such as Design of Experiments (DOE) to optimize the cryopreservation formulation and method to ensure the consistent recovery of highly-potent iPSC-derived NK and T cell drug products
• Demonstrate proficiency in routine immune cell analytics, statistical analysis and presentation of analysis
• Serve as cryopreservation SME on cross-functional teams including PD, MSAT, R&D, AD and QC to support early and late stage clinical development
• Author and review technical reports detailing experimental work and summarizing results for QA and Regulatory filings
• PhD in Cellular or Chemical Engineering, Cell Biology, Immunology or related field with a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience in industry is preferred
• Working knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in cellular cryobiology
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work in cross-functional teams to execute project design and meet deliverables
• Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture
• Experience with routine immune cell assays such as multi-color flow cytometry (8+ colors), proliferation, in vitro and in vivo cytotoxicity is a plus
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
• Will require working with cell lines of human origin
• Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
• 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.
For consideration send cover letter and curriculum vitae to: email@example.com and reference job 540RC.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of firstin-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company's immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.