This job is available in 5 locations Job Type Full time
This site is for Res idents of the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico.
Residents of other markets, please click here . Job Description
Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by November 1, 2021, or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by November 1, 2021, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, in accordance with applicable law.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
The Research and Development Sciences value team is responsible for enabling data and technology products and services that accelerate our scientists' ability to discover and develop innovative medicines that change the course of human health. As the director of product for the Disease Biology product line you will develop and evolve a vision for the suite of products that enable research and insight into human disease biology and lead a cross functional team to the successful realization of that vision, solving challenging business problems by bringing together technologies, capabilities and talent to create products that deliver insight, efficiency and fantastic user experience. You will partner with leaders of other product lines in the value team to build and realize an integrated product strategy that drives the strategic outcomes of Research & Development (R&D) sciences organizations. You will help define the standard of excellence in product management in our organization and combine this with your knowledge of drug discovery and development to inspire the cross-functional product organization to deliver value to our scientists. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities that lead to the growth of our products through constant improvement and innovation while also ensuring consistent delivery and stable operation of products. You will use your knowledge of these products to promote their meaningful use by giving product demos, sharing user stories, and showing the connection of our data and technology products to our mission to serve patients.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Define product line vision and strategy in conjunction with value team and other partners, ensuring strategic alignment within the Product Line and engaging with thought leaders within and outside of our Company.
- Be the product line chief advocate and evangelist within the wider organization, communicating product line strategy to product line consumers, stakeholders and sponsors and ensuring transparency across stakeholders have clarity on roadmap, points of contact for demand management and support, priorities, status, support/operations issues.
- Ensure strong alignment of products in the product line with the overall outcomes and success metrics of the Research and Development Sciences value team through setting and managing Objectives and Key Results (OKRs). Manage the P&L and total cost of ownership of the overall Product Line, ensuring financial / governance reporting, issue, risk, status communication to all stakeholders is timely, complete and accurate.
- Develop, manage and guide a team of product managers to own product lifecycle from discovery through retirement across the product line, working closely with engineering leadership to remove obstacles for the team and ensure Product Line goals are met.
- Oversee product discovery in the product line identifying opportunities to realize solutions to the problems prioritized within the value team. Work with product line engineering through delivery and life cycle management to ensure products are valuable/viable.
- Ensure products within the product are meeting/exceeding business enablement, life cycle management SLAs and adherence to policy compliance procedures with performance metrics in place to track actual relative to goals and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Evaluate and provide input into strategic plans for other product lines across the Research and Development Sciences value team, in particular identifying opportunities for platform products to create of reusable services and capabilities to accelerate product line value delivery.
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action, driving for continuous improvements in delivery efficiency and quality including best practice product agile operations across the team, with clear definitions of success and clear metrics to measure the progress to success.
- Build incredible teams and processes to deliver products that satisfy the needs of scientists and inspire their creativity.
Bachelor's degree in information management, a scientific field. or computer science.Qualifications:
- 10 + years of experience in technology product management or in IT leadership roles in complex matrix environments.
- 5 + years years of work experience in drug discovery or technology enablement of a related discipline such as biology, chemistry, or computational sciences.
- Strong quantitative skills and the ability to use data and metrics to inform decisions.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; adept at working with colleagues from diverse disciplines and at all levels of the company.
- Proven experience in team building, mentoring, and leadership with a demonstrated ability to inspire others to follow a common vision.
- Proven ability to execute consistently, rapidly, and effectively.
- Self-motivated, value-oriented with a mindset of continuous learning.
- Expertise in the Product Management and Agile software development.
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails. Employee Status:
No relocationVISA Sponsorship:
No Travel Requirements:
25%Flexible Work Arrangements:
Not IndicatedValid Driving License:
NoHazardous Material(s):Number of Openings:
Email this job to: About Us
We are one company, but we operate under two different corporate brand names.
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as MSD everywhere else.
Learn more about our virtual hiring process and new hybrid work model.
Discover how we support our employees' well-being to help them fulfill their potential.
Our culture values a diversity of voices and always bringing your best self to work.
- Job Search, Application & Interview Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The Physician Payment Sunshine Act (PPSA)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests. Not ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community to stay connected and receive updates on the latest job opportunities.
This careers website is intended for Residents of the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. Residents in other markets, please visit our MSD Careers page. Information on this site is for the purpose of presenting career opportunities at our organization and give our audience a view of our culture, diversity and growth opportunities. Our Company is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran, proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Reporting on our commitment to society, people and communities around the world
An initiative to create a world where no woman has to die giving life
The global animal health business unit of Merck