Environmental Consulting & Technology, Inc (ECT) is seeking a Senior Environmental Technician to support the Compliance and Sustainability team and ensure that ECT clients maintain environmental compliance. The successful candidate will use a strong technical background, knowledge of technical issues and federal/state regulations, and excellent communication skills to perform inspections & compliance audits, submit compliance reports, manage databases and create drawings & maps. Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience:
- Industrial & Construction Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) Compliance & Inspections
- Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure (SPCC) Compliance Inspections
- Aboveground & Underground Storage Tank Inspections
- Stormwater & Wastewater Sampling
- Environmental Compliance Inspections & Auditing
- GIS data logging
- Inspection report preparation
- Associates degree in Environmental Science or similar field required with three plus years of relevant experience.
- Valid driving license with clean driving record
- Frequent daily travel required with occasional overnight travel
- Able to work outdoors and in an industrial facility working enviroment
- Environmental inspection and auditing experience
- Team player with a positive attitude who can work across multiple disciplines
- Work effectively and efficiently as both a team and independently in remote settings
- Adherence to company and client policies and procedures
- Must be authorized to work in U.S. without company sponsorship
This description is not a comprehensive listing of ALL duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Other duties and/or responsibilities may be assigned or changed with or without notice.
- Certified Michigan Industrial/Construction Stormwater Operator
- Certified Michigan Class A/B UST Operator
- Certified STI-SP001 AST Inspector
- MSHA Mine Safety Training
- OSHA 40hr HAZWOPER
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
ECT is an employee-owned, multidisciplinary natural resources and environmental consulting firm serving private and public-sector clients by integrating science, engineering, technology, planning, and management systems to provide practical solutions to complex challenges. ECT maintains a drug-free environment and is an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.