The quickest way to apply is via the ‘Apply with LinkedIn' button below and attach your CV/resume. If you do not have a LinkedIn profile you can apply simply by using your resume or CV.
Senior Project Manager or Impact Assessment Consultant (Mid-Senior Level) ERM
is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager or Impact Assessment Consultant
in the Bay Area
, to provide project management and senior technical assistance on multi-media permitting, CEQA, NEPA, and large-scale capital development projects for power and technology sector clients. As a senior manager, you will contribute your leadership, client relationships and technical consulting skills to support the growth of ERM's business and client base in California while networking with ERM's global Impact Assessment & Planning technical team to share multi-disciplinary resources and best practices across the industry. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior professional looking to advance their career level with a global environmental leader. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and provide technical expertise on NEPA environmental assessment (EA) and environmental impact statement (EIS) projects and related activities in support of ERM clients' capital development projects (i.e., oil and gas, power generation, electrical transmission, and renewable energy projects).
- Lead preparation of EIRs/EAs/EISs and associated management plans in compliance with CEQA and NEPA. Contribute to preparing impact assessment deliverables, serving in roles ranging from lead technical expert to quality review. Perform project delivery activities such as report writing, data collection and survey field work, data and literature review, and development of recommendations for clients.
- Manage multi-media permitting and compliance associated with capital and maintenance projects with an emphasis on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and state agencies.
- Provide technical support for Contaminated Site Management service area regarding natural resources damages, sediments and watershed management, and ecological and human health risk assessment.
- Oversee multiple projects within client's scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Prepare technical proposals, including development of technical scopes and cost estimates, and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads. Maintain client relationships to support repeat business.
- Collaborate with other ERM IAP practitioners to execute impact assessment projects (services within our IAP service area include environmental impact assessment, land planning, facility siting & permitting, risk assessment and water resources management).
- Mentor junior- and mid-level consulting staff to develop their skill sets in the IAP technical area.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other ERM employees.
Who We Are:
- BS/MS in environmental studies, planning, geography, civil or environmental engineering or related field; PE, CEP, AICP or similar registration desired.
- 8+ of impact assessment and multi-media permitting experience, including consulting for private-sector clients.
- High degree of technical competence and broad knowledge of impact assessment best practices, with a solid grasp of the key impact assessment and management issues within the power sector.
- Well-developed teambuilding and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address client and business needs and challenges
- Solid experience building sustaining relationships with major clients.
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation, strategic thinking, and "people" skills.
- Recognized technical expertise by and established reputation in the local marketplace, including positive reputation with key regulators relevant to impact assessment approvals.
As the world's leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
ERM is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We work with the world's leading organizations, delivering innovative solutions and helping them to understand and manage their sustainability challenges. To do this, we have more than 5,500 people in over 40 countries and territories working out of more than 160 offices.
For nearly 50 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
"The business of sustainability" reflects what we do to support our clients as they strive to attain their business goals. Sustainability and business are now inextricably linked and as an expert in sustainability, we play a role in helping companies achieve their objectives with an understanding of how this impacts wider society and the environment. We intend to contribute even more to the global dialogue on sustainability and expect our work on sustainability challenges and opportunities to deliver growth in our business. Sustainability is our business.
- Senior Project Manager (Mid-Senior Level)
Posted 30+ Days Ago | 4 Locations
- Assurance Project Manager / Senior Consultant (Mid-Senior Level)
Posted 30+ Days Ago | 3 Locations
- Change Management Consultant (Mid-Senior Level)
Posted 30+ Days Ago | 17 Locations
- Senior Project/Program Manager (Mid-Senior Level)
Posted 18 Days Ago | 2 Locations
Air Quality Project Manager (Mid-Senior Level)