Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine?
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE
- The Cold-to-Hot Biology team in Takeda's Oncology DDU is seeking a highly-motivated lab-based Ph.D. level immune-biologist to contribute to and lead preclinical projects by designing, developing, and executing well-defined mechanistic experiments and managing projects and timelines within immuno-oncology research.
- A successful candidate will have the ability to lead from the lab to advance novel and differentiated immuno-oncology therapeutic modalities towards preclinical and clinical milestones, by working collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams and external partners.
- The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of of immune suppression in the tumor microenvironment and ability to both execute and orchestrate pre-clinical immunology experiments in a matrixed environment, with the flexibility to contribute to multiple projects.
- Experience leading the biology/pharmacology for pre-clinical projects and/or collaborations in a pharmaceutical research setting is strongly preferred.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Works independently and with colleagues to design, execute, troubleshoot, analyze, and present scientific experiments (including the preparation of study reports suitable for both internal and regulatory use)
- Initiates investigation of new experimental approaches to a wide range of problems using
scientific theory and technical literature
- Contributes to functional problem resolution and objective setting
- Analyzes and interprets complex data sets (multi-parameter flow cytometry, cytokine analysis, RNA expression, etc)
- Able to propose hypothesis-driven experiments based on internal data, external partners, and published findings and make data-driven decisions.
- Interprets results of complex experiments, and integrates data produced by other disciplines
- Contributes to cross-functional scientific discussion, including with external collaborators
- Deep knowledge of complex immune interactions in the tumor microenvironment, including knowledge of both innate and adaptive immunology
- Strong desire to drive project strategy, both through execution of experiments/interpretation of data and management of project timelines and cross-functional project-related activities.
- Hands-on experience and ability to work independently under minimal supervision in carrying out data acquisition, analysis, storage and reporting of flow cytometry-based assays (experience with cytometers such as LSRII, FACS CANTO, and FACSAria II/III is preferred) and Luminex/MSD.
- Experience working with primary immune cells in the context of immunology or cancer biology, including hands-on experience isolating, phenotyping, and manipulating primary human and murine cells in vitro and ex vivo is preferred.
- Experience with downstream immune cell manipulations, such as in vitro proliferation, differentiation, suppression, cytotoxicity, and co-culture assays is preferred.
- Experience with data analysis software, such as FlowJo and GraphPad Prism, is required.
- Hands-on experience with preclinical tumor models (mouse syngeneic tumor models, PDX models, etc.) and isolation of immune cells from tumors is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates theoretical knowledge of immuno-oncology and ability to tackle complex biology, with a demonstrated track record of biology project leadership.
- Keeps current with emerging trends in immuno-oncology
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong team player who thrives in a dynamic, ‘biotech-like' environment
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Identifies, plans and executes novel scientific projects and may manage the work of others a direct or matrixed structure
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Scientifically independent
- May influence decision making within the department
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
- Participates in external interactions and collaborations
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Receives high level instructions on all work, determines methods on new assignments, works closely with manager, may manage junior staff
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with postdoctoral experience AND ≥2 years experience in biotech/pharma setting or >4+ years experience in biotech/pharma setting, or
- MS with 10+ years experience, or
- BS with 12+ years experience
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
- Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Effective November 1, 2021, absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. As of the same date, absent an approved religious or medical reason, US field-based employees, employees must be fully vaccinated in order to continue in their current roles. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. Candidates are encouraged to speak with their recruiter to seek further information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function for which they have applied.EEO Statement
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type