As a Quality Assurance Technical Arborist
for Growth Solutions (a subsidiary of Rainbow Tree Company), your primary responsibility will be to perform accurate inspection and assessment of trees to aid in the effective delivery of our utility vegetation management processes.
You will also be accountable for training employees based on findings during the audit process. The Quality Assurance process is critical to producing predictable results that reduce pruning needs and improve tree health and transforming how the utility industry is caring for trees in the right-of-way. You have experience in utility vegetation management or a related field, a commitment to quality, and passionate about working outdoors for our 100% employee-owned company.
This is a full-time weekday position with overtime available, based in the Sacramento area. Our employees' and customers' safety comes first, and in support of this, we have a company-wide COVID-19 safety policy. This role's daily duties are done outside, with minimal human interaction, at a safe distance.What You Will Do:
- Perform detailed, quality-based inspections of treated trees and accurately record details
- Provide individual feedback to technicians based on inspection findings
- Develop and deliver group training based on inspections and observations of field technicians
- Communicate with and enroll homeowners in our service in a positive, professional manner
- 3 years industry experience in the field of utility vegetation management, arboriculture, landscape maintenance consulting, research
- An understanding of utility or commercial tree care or landscape maintenance operations
- Valid driver's license and a commitment to safe driving
- Ability to work long days outdoors with possible overtime, in all terrain and inclement weather
. Preferred Qualifications:
What We Offer:
- BS in Forestry, Biology, or related field
- Experience training and teaching adult learners in a classroom and field environment
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Suite, GIS, MS CRM, and using webinars
- Experience collecting data in the field
- Experience working in a compliance capacity
- ISA certification or willing to obtain (we pay for test)
- Willing to travel local territory up to 25% (no overnights)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Employee Stock Option Program in our 100% Employee-Owned Company
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- 401K Contribution Option with Match
- Full Range of Benefits available, including Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability, & Life Insurance
- Advancement Opportunities - we promote from within!
Work is performed outdoors in any weather element. May be required to bend, reach, stoop, and lift objects; may be exposed to conditions including chemicals, the use of tools, and equipment. Safety precautions must be followed at all times, including the use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and other safety equipment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds at any given time.You Should Know:
Rainbow Tree Company (www.rainbowtreecompany.com) is 100% employee-owned, and our employees are the core of our success. We are values-based, work collaboratively, and foster teamwork through communication and integrity.
We are a multi-faceted company dedicated to serving clients around the world, transforming the way ecosystems are maintained. We lead with innovation and achieve predictable results through science-based practices, research, and training.
At Rainbow, we celebrate our differences and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected status.
Rainbow Tree Company was recognized in 2019 & 2021 as a Star-Tribune Top Workplace!