A Non-Profit Professional Society Promoting Research, Education, and Awareness of Weeds in Managed and Natural Ecosystems
» Jobs » Research Investigator - Global Regulatory Ecotoxicologist Research Investigator - Global Regulatory Ecotoxicologist
Posted on February 28, 2012
Date of posting here February 28, 2012
Type of position Full-time
Description of Employer For 75 years, DuPont Crop Protection has been serving production agriculture with products for the grain and specialty crop sectors as well as forestry and vegetation management, including global herbicide, fungicide and insecticide products and services. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, DuPont Crop Protection is part of the overall Agriculture & Nutrition business of the DuPont Company. Our mission is to best satisfy the world's need for food and nutrition by transforming the ways renewable resources are grown, processed and distributed.
DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The miracles of science™.
Location Newark, DE
Description of Location Stine-Haskell Research Center
Salary Competitive and commensurate with background and qualifications
Closing date of competition 4/27/2012
Date position available Immediately
Description of duties DuPont'sCrop Protection business is seeking a Global Regulatory Ecotoxicologist to lead the development and application of ecological risk assessments to support optimization, commercialization and stewardship of crop protection chemicals to be located at the Stine-Haskell facilities in Newark, DE.
The Global Regulatory Ecotoxicologist will be leading the development and application of ecological risk assessments to support optimization, commercialization and stewardship of crop protection chemcials. The specific job duties will include the following:
- Proactively participate in the development of ecological risk assessment strategies for the registration of new crop protection chemicals.
- Collaborate with environmental fate, modeling technical experts and the product registration teams to conduct the environmental risk assessments and establish safe and sustainable uses for DuPont agrochemicals.
- Serve as study/program monitor for ecotoxicology studies conducted at contract research organizations to fulfill international regulatory requirements and support product risk assessment strategies.
- Participate in external industry committees and other professional societies to develop guidance and best practices in ecological risk assessments.
- Interface with worldwide regulatory agencies on technical issues, develop and present responses to their questions and requests.
- Ph.D. degree in biological sciences with ecotoxicology experience (aquatic or terrestrial invertebrate or vertebrate species; aquatic or terrestrial plants, etc).
- Demonstrated understanding of the effects of chemicals on biological organisms and on ecosystems.
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills with a desire to contribute towards team success and a willingness to promote the potential for growth among team members at all levels.
- Knowledge of common PC-based software is expected, including word processors, spreadsheets, databases, web browsers, and statistical/mathematical software.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare scientific publications and presentations on agrochemicals research.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience with global pesticide registration guidelines.
- Ecological risk assessment experience with crop protection chemicals.
Additional Information DuPont is an equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify employer.