Are you passionate and ready to join an inclusive work environment, committed to leading new ideas and pathways, and to delivering value? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you. Who are we? We are Montrose, a leading environmental services company with 1,600 employees across 70 locations worldwide, focused on supporting clients as they deal with the environmental challenges of today, and prepare for what's coming tomorrow. WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Our Mission is: To help protect the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the soil that feeds us, and is supported by our Principles: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Competitive compensation packages
- Industry leading benefits packages including company paid life and disability insurance
- Paid parental leave benefits
- Progressive vacation policies and company holidays including floating holidays to meet the diverse needs of our people.
- 401(k) plan offered
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- An educational reimbursement program
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
Enthalpy Analytical, is part of the larger organization, Montrose Environmental Group, is comprised of over 9 laboratories servicing air, water, soil, tobacco, cannabis, and toxicity testing. Regulations drive the need for our services, but our unique capabilities allow us to add value to clients beyond environmental compliance.
The Lab Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the laboratory including leading and managing teams which are directly overseen by Laboratory Supervisors, scheduling and coordinating staff activities and responsibilities for a team of 10+ people, coordinating with other managers to ensure work requirements are completed efficiently and accurately every day.
As a key member of the leadership team, this role will be responsible for a full range of activities including:
- Coordinate work scheduling and laboratory resource allocation
- Supervise and manage adherence to project requirements, QA/QC, and turnaround requirements
- Assess production capacity and provided solutions for human resources, technical, and quality issues
- Provide staff development services, career path evaluations and ensures the lab staff is developing necessary skills and abilities for the work today and in the future
- Personnel supervision, time management, and operational efficiency
- Hiring, firing, and disciplinary actions
- Conflict resolution, personnel skills development and team building
- Accurate and timely communication with internal stakeholders
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Initiate and address non-conformance issues
- Overhead projects designed to improve efficiency of, or accuracy of analyses
- Comply with Enthalpy's Quality Assurance Program and other policies
- Other duties as assigned by the Lab Director
- Ensure staff comply with Enthalpy's Health and Safety Plan
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
- Bachler's Degree in a Science field or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years laboratory operations experience
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Experience with managing direct reports
- Experience in laboratory operations (not necessarily in a bioassay laboratory)
- Effectiveness - Positive outcomes and results of communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills - Removes/breaks down organizational communication barriers
- Assertion Skills - Problem diagnosis, assess corrective action from their lab
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain composure during stressful times
- Familiarity with bioassay laboratory analyses and operations
- Experience in supervising and leading teams to successful outcomes
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. MAKE THE MOVE
From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical design, engineering and operational solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve. We are a fast-paced and dynamic team. At Montrose, you are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we'd love to speak with you.
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.
Forget everything you think you know about how environmental companies work. Montrose Environmental Group was designed from the ground up to deliver a better experience and better outcomes for both our clients and our employees.
We're growing rapidly-with a purpose. We're bringing the best minds on board, and giving them the freedom to focus on what matters most: coming up with ingenious, effective ways to measure, assess, and address real-world situations. The kind that face industries of all kinds right now, and the kind that we want to be the first to see on the horizon.
When we do that, we add value. We create opportunities for our clients and ourselves. We grow. We learn. We make a real difference in the world around us. You can help lead the way.
Are you ready to innovate? Collaborate? Meet the requirements of ever-evolving regulations and keep up with the demands of a dynamic, expanding team? Work across disciplines to develop solutions no one has seen before? Apply today to join our Montrose team! Montrose is committed to being an inclusive workplace.
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Applicants to and employees of this company are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. You can read more about EEO compliance here and here as well as information on the pay transparency nondiscrimination provision here . Montrose believes in accessibility for all. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or email@example.com for assistance.