Apply Apply Later Microbiology Lab Technical Supervisor Job ID SSL-2111937 Date Posted 09/02/2021 LocationLivermore , California Schedule/ShiftFull Time/ Night
This position supervises the assigned technical area of the Sutter Health Shared Laboratory providing continued service excellence and effective employee relations. This position provides technical support to, and administrative oversight of, the Clinical Laboratory Scientists (CLS) ensuring that high quality, cost effective diagnostic services are provided in a timely manner. Develops and implements all technical related policies and procedures. Coordinates the day-to-day activities of the technical lab, including oversight of quality assurance/quality control, customer service, problem solving and occurrence management, safety, process improvement and supervision of Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) personnel. Maintains technical expertise in the assigned technical areas of the shared laboratory and Laboratory Information systems (LIS) and performs analytical testing within these assigned areas. Maintains technical expertise by working 8-16 hours per week as a CLS.
BA/BS degree required.
Valid California CLS license required.
4-5 years experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist required in Microbiology, Molecular or Gen Lab as appropriate for specific department oversight.
Prior supervisory experience is highly desirable
Experience in personnel management, quality assurance, technical writing, test development, project management, teaching, and demonstrated ability to manage a section's budget are highly desirable.
Skills and Knowledge
• Seasoned knowledge of all aspects of the quality assurance of analytic processes of the Clinical Laboratory is required, and knowledge of Laboratory Information Systems is preferred.
• Individual must have effective written and oral communication skills, demonstrate an ability to effectively interact with medical professionals, and manage personnel in a variety of situations by effectively applying transactional and transitional skills.
• Positive customer relations and teamwork skills are required.
• Individual must also have demonstrated ability in project management, managing for results, organizing, prioritizing and managing diverse activities in a changing environment.
• Individual must have the basic skills necessary to maintain a computerized LIS.
• Individual must be able to document and report on technical or analytic process issues using a complete, clear and pertinent summary of observations or findings.
Organization:Sutter Shared Lab
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Night
Shift Hours:8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled:Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:80
Applications Accepted:All Applications Accepted
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Are you a Sutter Health Employee who knows someone ready to pioneer the change with us?
Enter your email below and then use the share icons above to make the referral.
Join our Talent Network and get Sutter Health news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.