Scientist, Stem Cell Biology
Research Triangle Park, NC
This is an exciting opportunity to help build a successful therapeutics company from an early stage.Here's What You'll Do:
- Lead, design, implement, and troubleshoot experiments to develop and improve iPSC-based platform to facilitate advancements in genome editing technology
- Perform routine cell culture, including somatic cell reprogramming, human iPSC expansion, cell banking and differentiation.
- Execute cell-based and molecular biology assays
- Maintain and organize lab records and relevant documentation in paper or electronic format
- Compile experimental data and present scientific results at team research meetings
- Author relevant documents, such as protocols, SOPs, etc.
- Contribute to publications and patent applications
- Collaborate closely with Computational Biology group and Cell Biology Group
- Assist coordination of research associates and day-to-day laboratory operations
- PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Neuroscience or a related field with significant training and research experience with genome editing technologies
- At least 1 year (with PhD) relevant experience in academic or biopharmaceutical organizations
- Experience with iPSC expansion, cell banking and differentiation, transfection, transduction and genome editing
- Experience with cell-based and ligand-based assays, such as cell proliferation, apoptosis, IF, and flow cytometry, ELISA, etc.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques, such as DNA/RNA extraction and purification, PCR, qPCR, ddPCR, cloning, western blot/WES, etc.
- Previous experience in somatic cell reprogramming, neuron functionality assay and electrophysiology is a plus
- Relevant technical skills for data analysis, DNA and protein sequence analysis, ELN documentation, and presenting results
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Passion and ability to learn new concepts and skills
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic environment
- Occasional weekend work is required
to learn more and apply.