Do you have a passion for innovative ideas and groundbreaking discoveries? With over $1 billion invested annually in R&D, at Thermo Fisher Scientific you'll help solve some of the world's toughest challenges, from giving cancer patients hope, ensuring safe drinking water and helping law enforcement solve cases through forensics. We empower our teams to put science into meaningful action and give our R&D colleagues the autonomy, resources and tools they need to take science a step beyond. *How will you make an impact?*
As a Scientist II, you will join a newly created Cellular Genomics Center at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Located at the headquarters in Carlsbad, California, the center will apply an array of high throughput functional genomics technologies, small molecule screening and computational tools to develop, improve and customize cellular systems for cellular and gene therapy applications. *What will you do? *
We are looking for a resourceful bench scientist to join the center. The individual will work closely with members of the team to develop cell-based assays in multi-well format and execute screens using state-of-the-art automation. *Responsibilities* * Collaborate with team members to implement cell-based assays, execute assay development, HTS and hit validation experiments.
* Perform cell culture and molecular biology experiments on the bench; collect, analyze data and present results.
* Build high diversity DNA libraries in lentiviral vectors and perform functional genomic pooled screens.
* Manage genomic and small molecule libraries.
* Supervise HT equipment function; periodically test accuracy and troubleshoot issues when needed. *How will you get here? *
*Education* * Master's degree with 4 years' experience or Bachelor's degree with 6 years' experience. *Experience * * Experience in cell culture, functional genomics, and molecular biology methods.
* Experience in cell-based high-throughput screening. Background in Pharma/Biotech setting is strongly preferred.
* Experience with small molecule library management and screening strongly preferred. *Knowledge, Skills, Abilities * * Proficient in programming, handling, and troubleshooting, multi-well plate readers and liquid handling instruments. Experience with instrument integration and scheduling software is a plus.
* Possess strong attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills
* Accurately and meticulously document experiments.
* Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
* Excellent personal and communication skills. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 90,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Accessibility/Disability Access
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response