ERM is seeking a Principal Environmental Consultant to assist our technology clients in the San Jose area. This position requires commute to San Francisco, Sunnyvale and Menlo Park. The ideal candidate will have some knowledge in environmental compliance including air and waste programs, with specific knowledge and experience in the high-tech industry highly desirable. As a senior level consultant, you will work closely with the client who will provide technical direction on meeting rules and regulations applicable to their operations. Your leadership, client relationship building, and technical consulting skills will support the growth of ERM's business in the environmental engineering, permitting, operations and compliance.
* Provide technical expertise, oversight, and quality control on environmental permitting and compliance projects and related activities in support of ERM clients' projects and facilities.
* Lead process improvement initiatives and strategies and conduct inspections with regulatory agencies.
* Oversight of staff and complex environmental deliverables. Responsible for formal agency filings, submittals, and certifications on behalf of clients.
* Oversee plans, permits, and reports for hazardous waste, air quality, storm water, NPDES, and wastewater programs.
* Conduct environmental field work, including groundwater, soil, sediment, and surface water sampling and ecological field studies.
* Execute task and project management requirements to assist in the implementation of environmental compliance and management system programs and processes. Specific duties may include: equipment evaluation and regulatory assessments, conducting programmatic management of change (MOC) tasks, quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) evaluations, and documentation of best practices and lessons learned.
* Provide expertise in applicable environmental regulations including air and waste and industry applications as a member of a technology team with the support of other ERM subject matter experts.
* Be an active team member on projects and maintain client's scope/budget/schedule expectations.
* Ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
* Build strong collaborative relationships with our clients and other ERM employees.
* BA/BS degree in environmental studies, planning, environmental engineering, chemistry, or related field; MS Technical Degree preferred; PE, CEP, AICP or similar registration desired.
* 10+ years of experience in permitting, agency coordination, and EHS compliance projects.
* Experience developing plans, permits, and reports for hazardous waste, air quality, storm water, NPDES, and wastewater programs.
* Knowledge of the key air, water, and waste permitting and management issues within the technology and manufacturing sectors, as well as a high degree of technical competence and broad knowledge of environmental compliance best practices.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients.
* Excellent writing, communication, presentation, strategic thinking, and "people" skills.
* Willingness to be seconded at a client site for up to 40 hours/week.
* Well-developed teambuilding and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address client and business needs and challenges.
* Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM as a global company.
Who We Are:
As the world's leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!