is currently seeking an EHS Specialist (Industrial Ergonomics, Safety, Health, Environmental, CAPA)
for one of our top clients located in Hillsboro, Oregon.
This Company is a consistent leader in its field and is well known their services. This is an advancement opportunity and qualified local candidates (or those who can relocate within 2-3 wks.) are encouraged to apply!
DESCRIPTION EHS Specialist (Industrial Ergonomics, Safety, Health, Environmental, CAPA)
Role Type: Onsite 5 days a week, 40 hours a week
- The EHS individual hired for this position will be part of the Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) team and will assist with the completion of the Hillsboro, Oregon site SHE goals and objectives. This will include the development and implementation of Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) programs, working on closure of gaps identified, the initiation and completion of improvement projects, in addition to assisting with the resolution of Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) concerns from our manufacturing customers.
- Develop and implement SHE management systems to drive compliance with safety and environmental regulations
- Guide and perform SHE program activities - Ergonomics, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Fall Protection, Lock-Out Tag-Out (LOTO), Machine Guarding, Confined Spaces, Contractor Safety, and Hazard Communication
- Communicate effectively with our customers employing the ability to present ideas well one on one in small groups and to larger audiences
- Effectively influence others to take action to mitigate Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) risks
- Conduct ergonomic risk assessments to systematically identify and reduce risk of work related musculoskeletal disorders, includes both office and manufacturing setups
- Conduct inspections and job hazard (risk) analyses
- Identify and implement corrective actions and preventative actions (CAPA)
- Assist in investigation of Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) incidents and development of corrective actions
- Apply engineering principles to reduce Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) risks and strengthen Compliance
- Develop appropriate engineering or work process modifications to prevent worker illness or injury
- Provide SHE assistance and guidance to safety committees, including EHS regulatory interpretations
- Provide SHE support in the design and installation of new or modified equipment and management of change processes
- Develop content and present Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) training to plant employees
- Provide SHE assistance to Value Streams
Qualifications and Requirements
What's In It For You?
- Bachelor's (BS) degree with minimum 5 years of SHE experience in Manufacturing and/or consulting environments or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Experience with implementing and or managing an Industrial Ergonomics program
- Proactively support and/or lead EHS initiatives that support the business.
- Work effectively with multiple levels of employees
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize activities, meet commitments, and proactively manage time and a challenging workload
- Utilize approaches that require innovation and change.
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize activities, meet commitments, and proactively manage time and a challenging workload.
- Demonstrates clear and concise oral and written skills as well as an ability to train others.
- Effective listening skills.
- Strong computer skills
We welcome you to be a part of one of the largest global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh's network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh's extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh's vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401K Retirement Saving Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Direct Deposit & weekly ePayroll
- Employee Discount Programs
- Referral Bonus Programs
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!