Who We Are:
The Analytical and Environmental Chemistry Department provides analytical services in the areas of organic, inorganic, general, and radionuclide chemistries. Objectives of this Role:
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Provide analytical and laboratory support according to established methods and procedures for a variety of programs.
- Organize and schedule tasks to meet requirements for several concurrent projects.
- Perform preparation processes, including extractions and digestions on various sample types.
- Assist senior scientists in the development, setup, and performance of non-routine, specialty analyses.
- Operate and maintain laboratory instrumentation, including basic troubleshooting.
- Perform tests on client supplied samples, some hazardous and/or radioactive, according to laboratory procedures.
- Interpret and evaluate the test results and generate data reports.
- Prepare reference standards and client supplied samples for analyses.
- Setup and perform various chemical experiments, laboratory functions, and other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of laboratory records.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Follow quality policies and safety procedures.
Special Requirements: Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Chemistry degree; directly related degrees with appropriate related experience may be considered.
- 1 years: Hands-on Environmental or Analytical Laboratory Experience, or other related lab experience with GC, GC/MS, HRMS, HPLC, LC/MS, ICP-AES, and/or ICP-MS
- Strong math, organizational, and communication skills
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends when necessary to meet workload demands and deadlines
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
For more information about this division, visit the Chemistry & Chemical Engineering home page.
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace