Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine?
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future
to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE
The Cell Engager team of the Oncology DDU is seeking a highly motivated Scientist I to join the in vitro arm of the Cell Engager team. The interested candidate must have experience characterizing novel immune engagers for Oncology using a variety of cell-based, analytical and pharmacological assay systems. As a member of the team, the candidate will be responsible for characterizing various tumor cell lines and engineering them to evaluate specific MOA related to target biology and engager molecule. The candidate must be skilled at mammalian transfections and cell editing technologies as well as cell based assays to aid in lead characterization. The position will require the individual to be hands-on. The individual will work very closely with other functional groups within the ODDU as well as DMPK, DSRE, Global Biologics as part of a matrixed organization. You will demonstrate effective communication and documentation of results. Ideal applicant will be team-oriented, possess excellent communication and organizational skills. ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work closely with project leaders to evaluate the dual antigen targeting strategies in Immunotherapies as part of novel COBRA design
- Conduct T cell Activation and Cytotoxicity Assays, using FACS, ELISA, Octet, MSD assays for biochemical and functional characterization of new engager molecules with minimum supervision
- Perform cell line engineering and editing using CRISPR KI/KO system to aid in supporting therapeutic concepts
- Performs cloning, PCR, Lentivirus Transductions, Western Blot, Cell Culture
- Independently designs key immune and cell based assays related to cytotoxicity, cytokine release to interrogate immune engagers molecules from early assay development to screening of lead assets
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Assess protease activity in the context of cell lines and targets
- Collaborates with IOI, C2H and translational teams to help support MOA studies related to COBRAs and other Cell Engagers.
- Works closely with in vivo scientists as well as CROs to design studies and sample collection for exvivo analysis of the engager molecule including PK assay development (mouse, human cyno)
- Supports characterization of tumor cell lines used for invitro and in vivo studies.
- Supports target validation by characterizing binding, effector function, activity, mechanism of action, internalization
- Support assay development to assess COBRA cleavage and activity with new iteration of the COBRA to validate therapeutic concepts including linker variations and biological impact.
- With time can serve as the pharmacology/IO biology rep on project teams
- Identify state of the art experimental protocols and relevant assays for improved detection and analysis in various matrices.
- Interrogates novel biology as it relates to new COBRA designs both in vivo and invitro.
- Is hands on at the bench working as part of a matrix team.
- Executes experiments with minimum supervision and delivers comprehensive high quality data sets to enable decision making
- Keep up with published literature centered around cancer targets and IO therapies relevant to the Takeda's CE strategy
- Utilizes relevant information, technology and resources, contributing to complex team problem resolution and objectives
- Interprets results of complex experiments
- Prepares and presents comprehensive technical or project reports and formal presentations / posters to full range of internal/external audiences.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks and follow laboratory practices in compliance
- Demonstrates theoretical knowledge of large molecule therapeutics (Abs, bispecifics, etc)
- Keeps current with emerging trends in immune cell engagers for application in cancer therapy
- Able to clarify requests and provide suggestions and put data into context especially in context of assay design and quality of data
- Demonstrates in-depth technical knowledge within various assay development platforms
- Investigates new immunological techniques, that can be applied to team projects
- Serves as the in vitro immunobiology lead on projects providing key scientific feedback to advance programs in a matrixed environment.
- May mentor junior staff
- Independently manages own workload
- Scientifically independent
- Provides information to project teams to influence direction, align with departmental goals and/or business
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
- Collaborates with others across sites, and acts as scientific resource for in vitro pharmacology
- Participates in and supervises external interactions and collaborations with companies and academic research groups and potential collaborator as needed
- Expected to participate in new target identification / validation process
- Strives towards expanding scientific knowledge in immunology
- Receives high level instructions on work; determines methods on new assignments; demonstrated greater independence; may manage interns
- PhD, MS with 6+ BS with 8+ years experience, with a background Immunology, Pharmacology, Oncology.
- Industry experience with a focus on Immunology, or Oncology is preferred
- Current knowledge of oncology research, drug discovery and development with an emphasis on immune cell activation, checkpoint blockade, exhaustion pathways as well as markers for anti-tumor efficacy
- Experience culturing and maintaining human tumor cell lines and primary human/cyno cells including but not limited to T cells is required
- Experience developing high sensitive PK assays and associated analytical measurements is required
- Experience with characterization of tumor cell lines is required
- Experience or the ability to innovate in novel preclinical in vitro , in vivo and ex vivo oncology model development and functional screens that enables bridging from tumor biology to host immunity
- Experience with biologics is nice to have (Antibodies, ADCs, Cell therapies etc)
- Proven ability to evaluate biologics using various assays including, binding, cytotoxicity, proliferation, activation, internalization, fluorescence imaging, reporter based etc is required
- Familiarity with preclinical models of immuno-oncology
- Hands -on basic experience with multi-color flow cytometry, molecular biology techniques (PCR, Gibson assembly, cloning etc),Western blot ELISA, MSD, RNA isolation qPCR and other standard cell based and non-cell based biochemical assays is required
- Experience with cell engineering and gene editing is preferred
- Experience in the design and construction of mammalian expression vectors and cell transfection and/or viral-mediated cell transduction, preferably of primary immune cells is preferred
- Knowledge of drug discovery process and pharmacology is essential.
- Use of scientific databases and application for data management and data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Excellent team player with a can-do attitude with an ability to thrive in a dynamic "biotech- like" environment and work in cross-functional project teams
- Innovative and critical thinking
- Self-motivated, collaborative with excellent time management and organizational skills
LOCATION & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
• This role is considered a hybrid position and you must be able to work onsite in Cambridge, MA on average 2-3 days per week.WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Effective November 1, 2021, absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. As of the same date, absent an approved religious or medical reason, US field-based employees, employees must be fully vaccinated in order to continue in their current roles. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. Candidates are encouraged to speak with their recruiter to seek further information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function for which they have applied.Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type