Yoh Life Sciences
is seeking a Research Associate
for a direct hire role with an exciting cutting edge start up focused on gene therapy in South San Francisco.
If this position is of interest to you then please apply with your current resume and we'll follow-up. Title: Research Associate - Cell Biology Location:
South San Francisco Type:
Direct Hire with our clientRoles and responsibilities: What you will accomplish here:
- Contribute to the design and implementation of assays and experiments for assessing cellular reprogramming.
- Ideal candidate will have prior experience with: molecular cloning, virus packaging, cell culture, and assay development.
- Ideal candidate will also have competent written and spoken communication skills.
- Ideal candidate will have some troubleshooting and data interpretation skills.
- Ideal candidate can work in a fast-paced startup environment and complete project goals in a timely manner.
- BS + >2 years or MS + >1 research experience.
- Molecular cloning: PCR amplification, Plasmid construction, ligation, and assembly
- Cell culture: stem cells, primary cells, and immortalized cells
- Cell manipulation: cytokine treatment, chemical transfection and viral transduction
- Previous experience with writing SOPs and in filling out ELNs
- Accomplish goals under project team timelines
- Gibson assembly
- Plasmid design
- Biomaterial usage, development and characterization
- CRISPR-mediated gene editing
- Baculovirus production
- Strong assay development knowledge
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Previous experience working in industry, preferably at either a gene therapy company or a startup