Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years. Job Description
The Senior Chemist/Analyst will:
- Perform routine and advanced maintenance on the instrumentation
- Tune and calibrate instrumentation
- Analyze samples and associated QC
- Review, work up, and assemble all supporting data
- Read, understand, and carry out SOPs required by EPA or company methods, governing agencies, clients, and our internal QC department
- Perform additional responsibilities (i.e., audit, verification, etc.) with minimal supervision
- Evaluate current analytical system performance and recommend corrective action to enhance efficiency and productivity
- Train other departmental analysts in procedures related to operations listed in the above
- Search technical literature for scientific information relative to improving analytical or operational performance
- Implement new methodologies with assistance
- Understand and use LIMS
- Make working calibration standards
- Perform method development work with assistance from scientific officers
- Be self-motivated to improve technical skills and operations
- Display superior leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- Lead a project to a satisfactory conclusion on time
- Consult with clients on work performed for them
- Have strong problem solving skills
- Function under high stress levels
- Identify cause-and-effect relationships
- Retain large amounts of information
Position is Monday - Friday 7am-3:30pm. Qualifications
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or related field
- Must have some prior PFAS or LC/MS-MS experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Ideal candidates will have:
- 3-5 years of PFAS experience preferred
- LC/MS-MS is a plus
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.