The purpose of this position is to carry out needed tasks as part of ongoing and future research projects in a laboratory environment. The responsibilities include study planning/setting up and executing preclinical studies encompassing pharmacokinetics, oncology, toxicology, and model development. Additional tasks include creating study forms, tube labeling, writing/revising SOPs, and data summarization. Additional duties as needed include ordering animals, creating cage cards, ordering and unpacking supplies, performing inventory, receipt of incoming animals, and additional tasks as assigned.
* BS degree or equivalent in physiology, biology or related field and 3-5 years of recent, hands-on experience in the utilization of models within a laboratory environment following degree completion.
* Must be technically competent in dosing (IV, PO, SC, IM, IP) and bleeding rodents (various methods) and have a strong understanding of science and experimental design.
* Thorough knowledge and experience of vivarium/facility operations
* Previous pre-clinical(rodents) research experimentations
* Experience with rodent necropsies, tissue & blood processing
* Experience with measuring tumors
* Experience with rodent pharmacokinetic studies; blood sampling & dosing via cannulas
* Demonstrated record of excellent attendance and reliability
* Excellent computer skills with all software of Microsoft Office
* Demonstrated ability in handling a variety of confidential information appropriately
* Ability to work effectively with interruptions and perform simultaneous tasks while under the pressure of deadlines
* Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise discretion
* The position is primarily in Mountain View; candidate must be willing to travel locally (between San Francisco and Mountain View) and have reliable transportation. Expected traveling time is
Preferred: AALAS certified, preferably LATg