Overview Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
(NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Located 28 miles south of Rochester, 70 miles west of Syracuse, and 85 miles east of Buffalo, Canandaigua is a city in Ontario County, New York. The population was 10,545 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Ontario County. It is 32 miles south of thePactiv Evergreen Canandaigua, was founded in 1966, as a former Mobile Chemical plant. As one of Ontario County's largest employers, for over 50 years we have focused on producing and distributing the highest quality food service and food merchandizing packaging products. We are committed to Food Safety and Quality and currently are certified to NSF standards. We are also committed to protecting our environment. The plant manages several environmental programs including air, water, waste and spill prevention. The plant has received the Corporate Environmental Excellence Award from 2015 through 2019 in recognition of outstanding efforts in environmental programs. shore at Lake Ontario.Pactiv Evergreen
is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
Responsibilities This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.THE IDEAL EH&S LEADER WILL:
Relocation assistance is available for this position.JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Have a passion for injury prevention, compliance, and risk reduction
- Be approachable and able to relate to all levels of plant personnel
- Be capable of facilitating and sponsoring employee led teams that solve problems and lead the campus to World Class Safety
- Be capable of aligning the local team and influencing others to achieve the desired EH&S performance objectives
- Have a relentless pursuit for injury prevention, compliance, and risk reduction.
- Capable of aligning the local team and influencing others to achieve the desired EH&S performance objectives outlined by corporate initiatives, business unit initiatives, and local/site initiatives.
- Possess outstanding follow-up and drive to closure skills for projects and corrective actions.
- Review and analyze data to determine the next opportunity to pro-actively improve EH&S performance.
- Experience with innovative EH&S compliance and risk reduction techniques via employee engagement, behavior-based safety programs, risk assessments, and understanding of implementing, managing, and sustaining EH&S programs in a manufacturing environment.
- Performs a variety of EH&S Tasks including but not limited to: Leading the local OSHA and EPA Compliance activities, Managing Work Comp Claims with our Third-Party Administrator, Initiating, driving, and managing key injury prevention activities, collaborating with others, engaging associates, and monitoring/managing our leading and lagging indicators. Ability to manage facility compliance with site air and storm water permits as well as regulations dealing with waste management and emergency planning.
- Develops, evaluates and maintains effective health/safety policy and procedures to comply with corporate and regulatory requirements, these activities include but are not limited to Safe Operating Procedures, Lockout/Tagout, Hearing Conservation, Fall Prevention/Protection, Machine Guarding, and Powered Industrial Trucks.
- Administers environmental compliance activities related to air permitting, storm water management, SPCC compliance, Business Plan/CRTK reporting, etc., including but not limited to: tracking, reporting, scheduling, and sampling as necessary.
- Maintains effective relationships with external parties such as: regulatory agencies/governmental agencies, vendors, suppliers, customers, and local occupational health clinics.
- Conducts routine audits and inspections of our environmental procedures and controls. Recommends and facilitates corrective actions to maintain the effectiveness of the procedures and controls.
BS degree, preferably in safety, industrial hygiene, or environmental related discipline and 7+ years of related experience.Strong interpersonal skills.Experience in a facility subject to Process Safety Management (PSM) Standards, Title V Air Permit, Small Quantity Generator Status for Hazardous Waste, SPDES Wastewater Permit, etc.Certification preferred (PE, CIH, or CSP) but not necessary. Flexibility to work non-traditional business hours as needed. Our locations operate 24/7 and the ideal candidate will have the occasional need to be in the facility during non-traditional business hours.Ability to influence and lead both direct and indirect reports. #LI-TM1 #CB