THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
• A Ph.D. (or M.S. and 5 years' experience or B.S. and 10 years experience) in microbiology.
• Proactive approach to problem solving and commitment to achieving quality results on schedule.
• Proven ability to conduct experiments according to standard operating procedures and develop new standard operating procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and proven ability to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams.
• The ability to work in a team environment and train less experienced staff.
• U.S. citizenship.
• Sufficiently medically fit to work in the laboratory to perform assigned duties including the ability to wear personal protection equipment (PPE), lift up to 50 pounds, and work in the proximity of hazardous/infectious materials.
• Perform Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) projects in BSL2 laboratories independently or under the guidance of senior scientists focusing on microbiology and other applied sciences within structured regulatory and quality frameworks (e.g. Select Agent regulations, ISO 9001:2015, and GLP).
• Lead technical work of small teams with oversight from senior scientists. Meet budget and time constraints and proactively communicate with project leadership to resolve problems.
• Support reporting efforts to include preparation of technical data for reports and presentations, peer reviewed publications, and client meetings.
• Perform/direct routine and non-routine laboratory procedures independently including:
• Assay development and adaption of assays to new purposes
• Propagation of microbial cultures and environmental enrichments
• Inspection, testing, maintenance, and documentation of laboratory equipment,
• Operation of lab equipment to include pipetting devices, balances, pH meters, centrifuges, plate readers, gel electrophoresis system, gel imagers, etc.
• Foster effective project teams across the group. Train, mentor, and lead junior technical staff.